17- Stargaze

"Hey mate!" Draco said, slumping out of his room, his hair still perfectly in place even though he just woke up.

"Morning." Blaise and Pansy replied, in unison, arms around each other, as they huddled on the sofa.

Draco gave a dramatic sigh.

"You two are so cute!" Draco said dramatically, hand on his heart.

"We've been dating for a year mate.. Are you feeling alright?" Blaise said confused.

"Yes my friend, but you haven't been engaged for a year!" Draco said, patting his best mate on the shoulder.

Draco walked over to the kitchen, that was joined onto the living room, and sat at the island, coffee cup in hand.

"Have you seen Hermione?" He asked them.

Pansy shook her head.

"Not since 8am when she left for work." Pansy said, making Draco sigh, for real this time.

Pansy looked at Draco with a saddened expression.

"Has something happened between you two?" Pansy asked.

"Yeah mate, you've barely spoke two words to each other since the ball... And that was 3 days ago!" Blaise added.

Draco groaned in frustration.

"It's just awkward, that's all..." Draco said.

"And why is that?" Blaise asked.

"Um, because we kissed, and I spilled my feelings, and told her I loved her, and then she told me she loved me too!" Draco said, not thinking. But then seriously regretting that, and slamming a hand over his mouth, before burying his head in his hands.

"YOU KISSED GRANGER?" Blaise yelled, at the same time as Pansy yelled. "YOU TOLD HER?" 

Draco let out another groan.

"Yes." He sighed. "Now I am going to work."

Draco quickly showered, and apparated away from his friends, who were desperate for gossip and information about his and Hermione's relationship.

***

"Where is good ol' scotty?" Draco asked, as soon as he apparated into the ministry, to find Hermione and Dean, hovering over a book.

"Angus called in sick, can't stop vomiting." Hermione said, not lifting her head from the book. "Can you go and get Harry? There is something he should know." She added.

"Fine." Draco whined, dragging his feet behind him as he went to find the lead auror. Also known as, most annoying person on planet earth. Besides that Boris Johnstone dude of course.

***

A few hours later, the three researchers, where currently in their library, documenting essays on dark magic forces, that have recently been used in Eastern England.

When night finally hit, Dean left, since his shift had ended, but Hermione and Draco stayed, to try and finish that days work, soo they wouldn't have to finish it tomorrow, along with tomorrows case. Draco sat at one end of the room, while Hermione sat at the other. They barley spoke all day, and when either of them made contact with one another, Hermione blushed, and returned her head to the book. Draco was desperate to talk to her, about the recent nights events, but Hermione just changed the subject, making Draco annoyed.

It was currently 9pm, Hermione hadn't spoke to him for 2 hours, and even at that it was because she told him she was going to the toilet.

Draco walked over to put his book back on the shelf, he had to walk over to the side of the room Hermione was in to do so. So instead of going back to where he was- He sat beside her.