Chapter 2

They walked past several animal actors, all complaining about their roles. The male cat looked excited. Mammoth Pictures was the best place to start a movie career. He failed to notice that Sawyer wasn't as excited as he is. More liked depressed.

Danny ran up to her. "So, I guess we're going to be the only two cats on the ark, huh? Pretty great, huh?"

"So much for preserving species," groaned Sawyer. She just wanted to get her role in the film done and over with before this cat bored her.

Sawyer brightened up a bit as she waved to a very large monkey. "Hey Kong, how's the picture coming?"

"Oooo, don't get me started!" exclaimed the large ape as he frowned, gritting his teeth.

"You know the King?!" Danny couldn't believe Sawyer knew so many people, especially the way she acted.

Soon the two cats reached a building. It has the sign of Darla dressed as an angel promoting her new film: "Lil Ark Angel". They went inside onto the sound stage. People were doing their best to get things ready for filming.

Pudge was bugging one of the guards, till he decided to go off, holding some of their donuts. Meredith was carrying some props. Then they both ran into Danny, "Uh oh, I'm busted."

"In bowling, I think that's called a strike."

Danny recognized them.

"Hey, you're both from before." he exclaimed in delight as he helped Meredith up and gave Pudge a handshake.

"Hey! You're the cat from this morning, aren't cha?" Pudge said.

"Nice to see you again," grinned Meredith.

"What are you doing here?"

"Oh that ice thing is just my side job. Name's Peabo Pudgemeyer. But you can call me Pudge," the little penguin explained.

"Sorry we didn't introduce ourselves earlier. My name's Meredith," the girl cat said as she shook Danny's hand.

"I'm Danny."

"MEREDITH! HURRY UP!" yelled a voice.

"I'll be right there!" called Meredith. "I gotta go, I'll see you later." She smiled warmly and ran off.

There came a message over the intercom and Pudge jumped up. "Oooh, time to start! Better go get your costume!" He sprinted off in a hurry.

The animals all soon got ready for their parts and in costume, in silly sailor clothes. The script manager handed out a piece of paper for each animal, having their one line to say.

Danny eagerly opened his script to see what he had said. But upon opening it, he looked puzzled.

"'Meow'?" asked Danny puzzled. There was only one word on the paper and that's 'meow'. "Is that all? Where's the rest?"

"You're looking at it," said Sawyer with a sigh as she looked at her script, which, ironically, said 'meow' as well.

"Bu-but I thought this was a musical! We're suppose to sing an-and dance, aren't we?"

"Oh for the love of Moby Dick." groaned Frances as she sipped from her pipe.

"Listen tiger, this town has rules, around here, cats say meow." chimed in Sawyer.

"Oh, but that's so old hat. I'm sure no one would mind if I jazz this up a bit."

Sawyer sighed, feeling too annoyed to argue more. "Alright, learn it the hard way."

Soon, a skinny man, named Flangan, spoke through a megaphone in a chair.

"Quiet on the set please. Quiet," Flangan said through the megaphone.