Chapter 9

With Darla gone, the spotlight was directed fully on the gang. Frances grabbed her partner and was kissing Cranston on the cheek. Jose and Evora twirled each other around before hugging the other close.

"Put 'er there!" Pudge offered the turtle his flipper, the remaining static electrocuting T.W.

With her strength, Tillie lifted Woolie up in a hug.

Sighing in relief that the diva was finally gone, Meredith came up to Danny and kissed him on the cheek, causing the tom cat to blush.

"Well now, let's see..." Sawyer started to say, pulling out Danny's list and a pencil from her fur. "Go to premiere. Check." She marked, drawing Danny's attention as he recognized the paper. "Land a big part. Check." Sawyer continued, keeping Danny from snatching it from her.

Hearing this, Meredith looked away, a little lonely though she was happy for Danny. "Looks you got everything you ever wanted." She muttered wistfully.

"There is something else." Sawyer informed them. "Get the girl?"

"He probably means you, Sawyer." Meredith muttered.

"Um, No actually." Danny confessed, looking bashful before looking Meredith in the eyes. Holding her hands as he held her full attention.

"Meredith. When I first arrived in Hollywood, I was filled with big hopes and when I learned it wasn't I made it out to be, I was upset. You've been there ever since I came to town. There were times I didn't listen to you and it nearly cost us all our dreams and almost more." His eyes lingering on her throat, recalling the loss of her voice temporarily. "I'm sorry for being an idiot at the time."

"Meredith, ever since I first saw you in Kokomo and saw you again a few days ago, I've felt something I've never felt before with anyone else. I love you." Danny confessed.

Listening to his words, Meredith was speechless, beaming with delight.

"Meredith, do the honors." Sawyer suggested, breaking Meredith's trance and handed her the pencil.

"Check." Meredith answered, checking the list. Handing it back, she ran into Danny's arms as he lifted her up and spun her around. Their lips connecting together on purpose this time rather than accidentally back on the bus. A kiss of true love.

The audience and the gang cheering for the new couple.

Stepping up, Jose and Evora walked over.

"I think it is high time for an encore, little cubs." Jose told them, ruffling up their fur.

Nodding, Meredith addressed the crowd. "Ladies and Gentlemen. Tonight, we have yet another surprise for you. You have heard us on the radio before, but until now, we have been anonymous. Tonight, to end the festivities, we have a special song we would like to sing for you."

With that said, Meredith started them off.

We have been driving for many a mile♪
♪Watching the scenery and sharing a smile♪
♪And we'll keep on going for a long while♪
♪Way on down the road♪

So close your tired eyes my dear♪

♪Close your tired eyes♪ The others echoed.

I see you yawn in the rear view mirror♪
♪You'll find a place where dreaming's allowed♪
♪When you go driving right up into a cloud♪
♪La, la, la, la, la, la, la, la♪

Backing off, Meredith made room for Danny to take center and sing the next verse.

Listen the motor's humming lullabies♪
♪While the wheels gently harmonize♪
♪Our car is a magic carpet that flies♪
♪Way above the road♪