Chapter 3

The shoot was finished for the day later that night. Danny managed to make it through without causing trouble. Despite that however, some of the animals, who remained at the studio couldn't help but laughed at his foolishness. His show did make quite a scene.

"Cue me, Frances!" asked Cranston with a smirk.

"Oh, the kitty-cat went..." said Frances, giggling a bit.

"Meow-meow meow-meow bop de de de bop bop, oh yeah!" said Cranston who was imitating Danny badly. T.W. laughed a their jokes.

"Oh, now just cut that out," scolded Tilly who didn't like the fact that her new friend is being made fun of. Of course, she couldn't resist herself as she said, "Besides, it was much more like, "Meow-meow meow-meow ba da!"

Tilly was imitating Danny, better than Cranston. However she stopped as she noticed that Danny and Meredith were staring. Danny looked hurt. He put his heart and soul in his dance and she was making fun of him along with the others. With a sigh and ears lowering, Danny turned to leave.

"I think we hurt his feelings," Meredith whispered to Tilly.

"Danny, wait!" Tilly tried to say. But Danny just walked away while the others just laughed. "Now see what you made me do!" Cranston laughed a bit though, Tilly punched his jaw almost out of place.

"It's not funny!" Meredith yelled at them.

"Oh dear... maybe one of us should talk to him..." Tilly frowned, looking to where Danny had walked off to, then back down at Meredith.

"Oh, I'll do it," said Sawyer with a smirk as she passed. "It's about time someone set that cat straight. Since he tap danced into town, he's been nothing but trouble." She walked over to the cat, who sat on a crate, looking at his 'list'.

Unknown to her, Meredith snuck up and hid behind a box to hear what they were going to say.

Danny was sitting down on a crate with his checklist. "Well, I guess this is going to set me back a whole day... Nah, maybe only half a day."

Sawyer came up behind him, taking a deep breath and coughed to get his attention as she said, "Listen, I'm sorry your feelings got hurt, but the fact is since you came to town-."

"I don't get it. What happened in there anyway?" asked Danny interrupting Sawyer. Sawyer frowned and knew trying to explain things to him was going to be hard. Meredith remained hidden and listened closely.

"Did I hit a sour a note? 'C-cause if I,"

"Wait."

"hit a sour note, I can go,"

"D-Dan-"

"back there,"

"Danny-look you don't-"

"I can fix it."

"Danny!"

"I-"

"They don't care!" Sawyer finally got it out, looking at Danny right in the eye. "Don't you get it?! What is it with you?! Why are you so determined to make a fool of yourself?!"

Danny looked adorably hurt. "What do you mean? A-All I want to do is the thing I love... Doesn't everyone?"

Sawyer frowned, looking away from him, "It's not that simple..."

"It... It is in Kokomo..."

'Kokomo?' Meredith thought. Why did that sound familiar?

"Then... Maybe that's where you should've stayed..." Sawyer looked at him, with the sad truth in her eyes, Danny looked into them, then looked around, thinking. Dejected, he then gave up. He just couldn't understand. He came there to fulfill his dreams, he couldn't give up so easily.