7

Jakes POV

I was anxiously pacing in my room while Z sat on the bed. What happened to Tom? Why didn't I notice before? My thoughts were cut off by Zendaya.

"Relax Jake he's gonna be okay. I'm sure he's just tired or missing his family. Nothing too serious or your fault."

"What if it is my fault? We don't know what's going on."

   Jacob walked into the room right as I said this

    "He fell asleep."

  I didn't care about what Jacob had said and immediately walked towards the room Tom was in. He was fast asleep on Jacobs bed with a wet face and pink cheeks.

    "Oh Tom." I whispered, feeling very upset.

   I walked over to him and brushed his tears away with my thumbs. He looked so peaceful as he slept and It was like I couldn't control my own body when I leant down and whispered to him.

"I love you."

I placed a light kiss on his forehead and walked into the other room. Z and Jacob were whispering with smiles on their faces.

"So what happened to him?"

"Oh he's just upset that the press tour is almost over."

I nodded at them and pulled out my phone to check what time it was. It was 6pm and we had to go to to the airport to leave for London soon. We had 6 hours and I decided to make the most of that time and sleep.

"Guys? Could you leave so I can sleep?"

"Why not just sleep in our room?"

They had a point so I grabbed my sweatpants and headed to their room. I went in the bathroom to change and came out to see Tom sitting up, rubbing his eyes tiredly. I started to walk over to him, attempting to look cool. Unfortunately I am a very awkward guy and I tripped on my way over to him. I fell on the ground and groaned, more out of embarrassment than pain. I stayed lying on the ground until I heard a short giggle and the shifting of bed covers. I lifted my head up far enough to see Tom walking over to me.

"Need help?"

I nodded shamefully and Tom held out his hands. I grabbed them and pulled myself up quickly. I walked over to the bed with very little dignity and collapsed onto it, putting a pillow between my legs and another against my chest to feel like I was cuddling someone. It only took me about a minute to fall asleep.

Toms POV

  I looked over and saw Jake had fallen asleep cuddling all the pillows. I felt bad but I kinda wanted to use a pillow to sleep so I removed the one that was between his legs. He whimpered a little after I removed it, probably missing the warmth and comfort of cuddling something. I laid down and started to fall asleep when Jake shot up and looked desperately around for something, relaxing when he looked over at me. The actor fell back and was now lying down. He seemed to fidget with his fingers for a bit and then finally pulled his remaining pillow closer to him and relaxed a little.

He seems to hate sleeping by himself.

"Jake?" I whispered into the silence

"Yeah Tom?"

I hesitated for a bit before replying.

"Do you usually sleep alone?"

"Well I try to but I can only seem to sleep if I'm cuddling something. That's why I sleep with pillows."

He seemed sad while explaining. I thought for a minute and started to move closer to the man next to me. I put my head in the crook of his neck and rested one hand on his chest, the other in his hair. He automatically moved his arms around my waist and tangled his legs with mine.

   "Thank you Tom." Jake said with a small genuine smile on his face.

   I simply nodded and drifted off to sleep.

                  ****************

I was woken up by Z and Jacob jumping onto the bed.

"GET UP WE HAVE TO GO TO THE AIRPORT!"

I sat up unnaturally fast and fixed my hair. Jake was still asleep so I pulled his arms off my waist and straddled him. I started tickling his sides and the actor quickly woke up and grabbed my wrists.

"Tom s-stop. plea- se!" He managed to get while I escaped his hold and started tickling him again.

Suddenly Jakes hands were on my hips and were pulling me off of his stomach.

"As much as I love to be tickled by you we have to go to the airport."

    I nodded and felt my cheeks heat up, realizing I had been straddling Jake.

               ••••••••••••••••••••••••

Jacob and I were sitting beside each other on the plane, arguing about what movie to watch. Jacob decided to text Z and get her opinion. I looked around and my eyes landed on Jake who was frantically talking to Z. He looked very distressed and he put his head in his hands after a few more seconds of talking.

   I looked back over at Jacob who was calling Z. It rung for a few seconds before it stopped and the call was answered.

"-that I'm gay."

I froze at the words that came from the phone. It was obvious Jake had said them and didn't know we could hear.

Is he really gay? Do I have a chance?

"Uh Jake we heard that." Jacob said to his phone.

I looked over to where Jake was sitting and saw that he had lifted his head up and was letting out a string of curses.

"Well I guess you guys know now."

I smiled so wide that my face started to feel numb.

So he isn't with Zendaya.

Don't get me wrong I hope Z finds love, I really do! I just didn't want it to be with the man I love.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The airport was full of paparazzi yelling questions at us like usual, but this time the questions were a lot different.

"Jake is it true that you and Tom are dating?"

"Did you really make out on a balcony!"

"What do Zendayas instagram pictures mean?!"

Oh crap

So it was the Instagram posts that set this off. It seemed Jake had enough and just ran away. I felt super embarrassed. Did he not like the rumours of us dating? I was too zoned out to notice that he was actually running towards me until I got lifted up and put on his shoulders.

   "ONWARD!" I yelled as we ran from as the annoying paparazzi.