12

Toms POV

What. the. fuck

Did Jake Gyllenhaal, the man that I'm in love with, just say he loves me?!

I wasn't going to get my hopes up only for him to just be a little confused because he was sick.

It was probably nothing.

I ignored my thoughts for the moment. Right now I had to focus on helping Jake get better. I was sitting beside him on the empty half of the bed just thinking when I noticed the sleeping man shiver.

We didn't have any extra blankets in the room so I had to come up with another way of keeping him warm. Obviously the easiest way to do that was to cuddle him, which wouldn't be a problem because that's what I'd been doing for the last 3 days. I simply laid down and started cuddling the older man.

********************

I woke up a couple hours later to the sound of coughing. I immediately sat up and looked down at Jake.

"Are you okay? Do you need anything? Should I-."

My rambling was cut off by Jake putting his hand over my mouth, trying to get me to stop talking.

"Just come bacckkk." He whined while making grabby hands at me like a child.

I blushed deeply but lowered myself back into his arms and felt them tighten around me, making me feel safe and comfortable.

I just stayed laying in Jakes arms, despite the fact that I wasn't tired anymore. He made me feel so safe and I hoped that one day we would be cuddling like this, but not because Jake was sick or needed help falling asleep. I hoped that we would be cuddling out of love and comfort.

I sat up and sighed, gently pushing Jakes arms off of me. I stood up and went to grab my laptop from my room, leaving the door open a crack so I could get back in.

I came back into Jakes room and was about to sit down in his chair when I heard whimpering. I looked at the bed and saw that Jake was trashing around in his sleep. I started to walk over, feeling a little panicked when Jake spoke.

"Tom NO!"

  I jumped in surprise and rushed to Jakes side. I didn't know whether I should touch him or not.

  "Jake! Wake up!"

  I continued to speak in an attempt to wake him until he finally opened his eyes and sat up abruptly.

  "Are you okay?!"

  "Yeah. I'm okay."

   I could tell he wasn't alright but didn't want to push it. Jake was now sitting up, rubbing his face tiredly. I knew he had a nightmare but I also knew he didn't want to talk about it.

  "Are you sure you're okay?"

  "I'm fine! You don't need to worry!"

   I was taken aback by him raising his voice, So being the sensitive person I am, I ducked my head down and started tearing up.

  "I think I'll go back to my room now." I managed to get out without my voice breaking

  I started to walk away when Jake grabbed my wrist gently, yet firm enough that I couldn't walk away.

  "Please don't go Tom! I'm sorry for getting irritated with you."

  I look into his soft blue eyes and notice they look lonely, desperate even. I nod and he lets out a shaky breath before throwing himself onto his back and staring up the ceiling.

  It was silent for about five minutes. Jake staring up the ceiling and me on my laptop, when I heard him whisper.

  "It was just a nightmare Jake. It's not real."

   It sounded like he was trying to convince himself that it wasn't real and I tried to remember what he yelled before I ran to him.

  I was still trying to remember when I realized five more minutes had passed and I just gave up.

  It probably wasn't that important anyways

I looked at Jake, only to catch him staring at me. I blushed and looked away, suddenly very interested in my black laptop screen.

"You seem worried. I'm okay Tom, I promise."

"Pinky promise?"

Feeling like a child in elementary school making a promise to their best friend, I held out my pinky.

Jake took my pinky with his and shook it while grinning lopsidedly.

"I pinky promise."

I grinned back just as wide, still suspecting he was hiding something but not letting it show.

******************

Jakes POV

    It was the middle of the night and I couldn't sleep, probably due to the fact I had been sleeping the whole day. I also was too scared to fall asleep after my nightmare. So here I was, wide awake at 3am, running my hands through Toms hair while he slept soundly with his head on my chest.

"I hate you Jake!"

Those words kept circling through my mind. It was just part of a nightmare right? Surely Tom doesn't actually hate me. Why else would he let me cuddle him every night?

Suddenly Tom let out a low noise that sounded a lot like my name. I froze. Was he awake?

I heard the noise again but this time it was more clear.

"Jake."

I got butterfly's in my stomach and smiled fondly at the man lying on my chest.

He was saying my name in his sleep and it was probably the cutest thing ever.

I continued to lay there and run my hands through Toms hair when I felt hands on my stomach.

I gasped and looked down. Tom had reached under my shirt and was now resting his hands on my bare stomach.

Just as I was getting over my shock, I felt a pair of lips on my stomach, kissing the skin softly.

Was he sleep kissing? What the hell Tom you couldn't just sleepwalk like a normal person?

I sucked in a deep breath and bit the inside of my cheek to keep from making any noise that would wake the sleeping man up.

It looked like he wouldn't be removing his lips anytime soon. I was screwed.

It's gonna be a long night.