16

sorry for the long wait :( writers block is a bitch

since I have a lot of free time now i'll try to update as often as possible :))

Toms POV

I was having a terrible time with Zach. He only talks about himself and hasn't even given me a chance to talk.

He was in the middle of telling me about his "incredible" acting skills when I interrupted.

"I need to be at the airport in 30 minutes. Do you mind taking me?"

That was a lie. I didn't have to be at the airport for another 3 hours.

He seemed surprised before nodding.

****************************

Zach dropped me off at the airport and I grabbed my bag from his backseat.

" Maybe we could do this again sometime?"

"nope." I slammed his car door and did a half wave.

I grabbed my phone from my pocket and texted Jake

me: dude you suck at setting up dates. zach was an asshole >:(

After waiting a few minutes and not getting a response I sighed and headed into the airport, hood over my head and sunglasses on.

*******************************

I'd been waiting in the airport for an hour and a half when my phone went off.

jakey: What? He always seemed so nice. What went wrong? :(

I struggled to hold back a smile after seeing Jakes name light on up my screen. I forced myself to drop it after remembering that he didn't feel the same or he wouldn't have set me up on a date.

   me: he was too self absorbed :( thanks for trying though!!

jakey: Anytime tom :) When are you flying in?

me: i'm actually at the airport right now. i'll be there early tomorrow morning.

jakey: What hotel are you staying in?

me: my manager actually hasn't been able to find any free rooms :( long weekend and y'know it's new york.

jakey: You could stay with me at my apartment. Only if you want to of course!

I smiled at my phone. A chance to spend more time with Jake? Of course I want to!

me: really?! that'd be great actually, thanks :)

jakey: Could I pick you up from the airport as well?

me: for sure! i'll text you my flight details later.

jakey: I have to get some work done now. Bye tom.

me: bye jake :)

I put my phone down and started heading towards my gate.

*************************

My flight had just landed and I was looking around the airport for Jake when I felt a hand on my back. I jumped in surprise and turned around to see Jake.