9

Jakes POV

   I woke up to my phone ringing and sat up in bed. I looked to my right and saw that Tom was already gone, probably sick of me cuddling him. I then remembered my phone was ringing and I picked it up.

Before I got the chance to say anything my agent started excitedly talking to me.

"Jake exciting news! You've been offered a major movie role and you don't even have to audition because they specifically want you!"

"What's it about?

"A gay man and his husband trying to make it  as actors but everyone turning them down because of their sexuality until one of them goes missing and all the attention is on them but for all the wrong reasons. You'll be playing one of the gay men." (I know this is a Bad storyline but whatever)

   "I'll do it. Who will I be working with?"

  "I'm not sure but I've been told they're trying to get Tom Holland."

I grinned but then my smile dropped as I remembered it wouldn't be real and it was just for a movie. I hung up on my agent only to lay back down and cry. Half sad and half frustrated, I continued to cry into my pillow until I heard a knock on my door. I sighed and got up to answer. I opened the door to see Tom

"Hey Jake sorry to bother you but I left my sweater here. Can I come in and get it?"

"Sure." I tried to sound like I hadn't been crying but apparently didn't do a very good job because when Tom finally noticed my red and glassy eyes, his chocolate brown ones filled with confusion and sadness.

"Jakey, what's wrong?"

"Oh it's - it's nothing Tom, don't worry about it."

  He looked at my face for a few seconds and then pulled me into a hug

  "It's okay to be sad."

  I just nodded, not trusting my voice when I suddenly remembered something from last night.

   I was almost asleep when I felt Tom kiss my cheek. I started crying again. It hurt so much to be getting attention from him in a platonic way and not romantically. But then again who kisses their friend on the cheek when they think they're asleep. The only reasonable explanation was that it was an accident.

  "Hey Jake c-can I hang out here with you today?"

"I would love that!" I mentally slapped myself

  "I mean that's uh cool with me."

  Nice save Jake. Totally nailed it

I walked over to my bed and sat down, gesturing for Tom to do the same.

  "What do you wanna do?"

  "We could finish our movie." He shyly suggested.

I smiled and pulled out my laptop when Tom suddenly got a call.

  "I'll be right back." He said while walking into the hall to answer his call.

  Toms POV

I answered the call from my agent, annoyed at her for calling while I was with Jake.

"Hello?"

  "Tom! I'm glad you picked up, you have an amazing opportunity!"

  I listened to her, half paying attention until I heard her say I would be working with Jake Gyllenhaal.

  "Yes!"

   "You'll audition? That's great! Call you later Tom!"

I hung up and went back into Jakes room. I looked at him and saw that he had fresh tears in his eyes. I rushed over to him and couldn't help but wipe his tears wth my thumbs. I silently asked if he was okay and he only  nodded then turned to un pause their movie.

*****************

After hours of begging Jake finally agreed to watch brokeback mountain with me and I couldn't be happier.

"No looking at the bad parts, okay?" He jokingly commanded

"Yes sir!"

We both started laughing uncontrollably and pressed play after finally calming down.

**************

We were at the point in the movie where Jakes character was making out with Heath Ledgers in their tent and I had goosebumps from simply watching his lips as he made out with someone. I looked back at Jake to distract myself from the scene in front of me, only to find him smirking at me.

"Enjoying the movie?" He raised an eyebrow

"Shut up!" I said while laughing and shoved him lightly.

There was a knock at the door and Jake got up to go answer it while I followed close behind.

He opened the door and there stood Jacob and Z.

What were you guys- you know what never mind. You guys wanna come down to the hotel pool? It's empty right now."

Jake and I looked at each other and I turned back to our friends.

"Sure! Just let me go get changed and I'll meet you guys here."

I basically ran back to my room and quickly got changed into swim shorts, not bothering with a shirt and ran back to Jakes room where they were all waiting for me.

I looked at Jake and almost started drooling at the sight of his bare chest.

"Let's go."

I nodded at Z and we headed towards the elevator. We went down to the pool and I was standing by the edge when I saw Jake sneaking up on me. I decided to pretend I didn't see him and waited until just before he pushed me and grabbed his hand, making him fall in as well. I went back up to the surface and started having a water war with him. Giggling the whole time until the actor grabbed me by the waist and threw me back into the water.

" I'M GONNA GET YOU FOR THAT!!"

That made him scream and jump out of the pool and into the elevator. I jumped up and followed him, making it just before the elevator closed.

"I got you now Gyllenhaal." I smirked

"Can't throw me in the water if we're in an elevator."

".....Damn it."

Suddenly the elevator stopped and shook a little. I grabbed Jakes hand out of fear

"Sorry!" I quickly let go.

"It's okay Tom."

The lights in the elevator turned off and I started shaking. Being trapped in an elevator was one of my biggest fears and I was freaking out.

"Hey Tom you're okay. You're going to be fine." Jake suddenly has me in his arms and instead of focusing on the situation, I focused on the feeling of his bare skin against mine.

"I'll just use the emergency call button on the elevator."

He talked to whoever was on the other end of the call for about 5 minutes but I didn't hear the conversation, too shocked by the fact that Jake was still hugging me.

"They say it'll be about an hour." He sighed

I started freaking out again and Jake tightened his grip on me. He led us to the floor and we sat. The taller man started running his fingers through my wet hair and continued hugging me

Maybe this hour won't be that bad