- 2 -

"you build me up like building blocks just so you can bring me down"

♡♡♡

yugyeom and jinyoung are chosen to work together for a class project and yugyeom wishes he would have taken a class for people in his grade.

but he is in jinyoung's class and their teachers loves to partner then together.

when their teacher walks over to talk to them about their ideas and yugyeom tells her what he was thinking, jinyoung praises him and ruffles his hair.

"you're so smart, yuggie," jinyoung says sweetly, rubbing his thumb against yugyeom's cheek. it gives yugyeom a false sense of love coming from jinyoung until their teacher leaves and jinyoung is back to normal. "you should have kept your mouth shut. now we have to do your dumbass idea."

yugyeom is still proud of his idea because he knows that jinyoung hates everything that he does.

yugyeom knows he should realize that jinyoung's praise is never genuine but he can't help but always believe him when he says something nice to fool others. he wants jinyoung to like him and is somehow surprised whenever he shows that he doesn't.

yugyeom is adored by so many other people who think he is adorable. many girls think he's cute and have talked about him being their crush. but he just wants jinyoung to praise him and mean it.

yugyeom thrives off praise and just the thought of jinyoung meaning the nice words he occasionally says makes him happy. but then jinyoung says something mean to make up for the fake words he had said before.

jinyoung thinks it's fun to give yugyeom a false sense of security where he thinks jinyoung was genuinely praising him before he tears him down again. the way yugyeom's face falls makes him smile, sometimes laugh if it's obvious enough that anyone could see.

jinyoung takes control of the project, just telling yugyeom what to do as if he is an idiot who couldn't figure it out himself. but yugyeom just obeys and does as jinyoung says because he can't argue with him.

//
their ages jump around in this story !!