- 5 -

"i know my abc's, yet you keep teaching me
i say, fuck your degree, alphabet boy"

♡♡♡

yugyeom giggles to his friends after he successfully says his abc's. he's proud of himself, he's even learned them before bambam, but that's only because bambam speaks thai at home with his family.

at recess, mark is trying to help bambam with the alphabet while yugyeom is still singing it to himself. jinyoung had been playing tether ball with jaebeom but seems to change his mind after jaebeom won and makes his way over to yugyeom.

"you don't say the letters right," jinyoung says, his voice condescending to the younger boy. he is an expert to himself. he's known the alphabet for two years longer.

yugyeom's face falls. he thinks he's doing really well for having just learned it hit jinyoung is a big kid and knows better than him.

so yugyeom goes to bambam and mark so he could learn better. but mark likes bambam so he's paying more attentional the cute foreigner than to yugyeom. but yugyeom listens intently and makes sure he's saying the letters how mark does.

yugyeom just wants to hear jinyoung say he's doing good but he should know jinyoung will never admit that, even if it is true. but jaebeom and jackson tell him he's doing well, and bambam always whines that yugyeom is so much better than him but mark always tells him he's doing amazing.

"jinyoung sucks!" yugyeom shouts as he jumps into his parent's bed. "he says i'm not good at my abc's!"

"aw, baby, you're doing so good with your alphabet," his mom says, rubbing his back as he starts to cry into her arm, "can you say them to us?"

yugyeom nods and sits up. he's still crying but sings the abc's to both of his parents and relish in the praise, even if he's still upset that jinyoung won't do the same.