- 3 -

"you can crush my candy cane but you'll never catch me cry"

♡♡♡

yugyeom smiles as he walks into school. his mom has given him a bunch of candy canes to pass out to his classmates since it is their last day of school before christmas break.

yugyeom walks up to his teacher and tells her that he brought candy for the class and she gives him permission to hand them out before she starts the day.

bambam giggles at yugyeom when he hands him one of the sweeter candy canes that yugyeom had gotten for his friends instead of the normal ones he gives the rest of his classmates.

at lunch, yugyeom gives his friends, even jinyoung, the better candy canes he got for them.

when yugyeom is walking back to his seat and accidentally trips over jinyoung's foot, he drops his own candy cane but is relieved that is still in its wrapper and doesn't break.

until jinyoung steps on it, looking yugyeom in the eyes. anyone can see that he did it on purpose. especially because he lifts his foot and steps in it again, gridding it into even smaller pieces.

but yugyeom doesn't vary like he really wants to. he simply sits back down and enjoys seeing his friends happy from what he gave them.

he cries when he gets home. his mom hugs him and rubs his back but tells him "it's just boys messing around" but other boys don't get pleasure from making yugyeom upset. that's just jinyoung.

he doesn't let jinyoung see him cry because that's what jinyoung wants and yugyeom knows it. even as a kid, yugyeom knows that jinyoung wants to make yugyeom cry and yugyeom won't let him have that. at least, not to personally see him cry.

he cries when he gets home all the time. he doesn't tell him mom because she doesn't understand how jinyoung is.

jinyoung smiles at the thought of the crushed candy cane on the floor and the look on yugyeom's face when he saw it, yugyeom starts to tear up at the memory.