chapter four;

"Oh, hello Roger." I said.

"Hey Maddie," he said smiling.

"Give me just one second, please come inside." I said as I dragged Freddie into the kitchen.

"Roger? Really Freddie? The one guy you had to choose for me is Roger? He's such a player. He would never like somebody like me." I said, frowning.

"Dear, Roger has been looking forward to this ever since I asked him. He wouldn't stop talking about it. I think you have a good chance." He said smiling.

"Alright Fred, I'll give it a go."

I went into the living room where Roger was standing. He gave me a nervous smile. The awkwardness was cutting through me like a knife.

"These are for you," he said, handing me the flowers.

"Thank you Roger, they're lovely." I said as I put them in a vase with other flowers.

"Shall we get going?" He asked.

"Sure," I smiled, grabbing my purse.

Roger held his arm out for me to link with his. I wrapped my arm around his and we were on our way.

"Have a great time darlings!" Freddie yelled as the paparazzi were screaming his and Roger's name.

Roger opened the passenger door for me. I thanked him as he helped me get in. He went over to the drivers side and started the car. It was pretty quiet at first, but we ended up making conversation.

"So do you like being the drummer for the band?" I asked, trying to start a conversation.

"Yeah it's cool, I just hate the paparazzi trying to get in on my personal life y'know."

"Yeah some of them have bothered me in the streets about being Freddie's best friend."

"Oh yeah, Freddie talks about you a lot at the studio. How long have you two been friends for?"

"We've been friends ever since he came over to my uni. I gave him a tour around campus and I guess we clicked instantly."

He smiled at me. He seemed genuinely sweet. He doesn't seem like the player he is, but he a ladies man.

I tried to think of something else to say, but I was feeling a bit too awkward. I could tell he was a bit outgoing, but he seemed nervous at times too.

"Could I turn on the radio?" I asked.

"Sure, go ahead love." He smiled.

Did he just call me love?
God I over react.