Wait. . . you wish!

To say Sophie was nervous to tell her friends about her and Keefe, was nothing compared to how she felt about telling her parents!
But she was trying not to think that far ahead.

After the bell rang she had one more class before lunch, and Keefe was in a meeting with Magnate Leto.

Sophie was walking out of said class, thinking about all the horrible ways life could twist and turn, yes she was in a grouchy mood because yes, her class was inflicting, and yes, Bronte was being his usual lovely self the whole time!

She had just exited the huge, silver Tower doors, when a familiar pair of hands cought her around the waist, spun her around, and sent her crashing into a perfectly sculpted chest.

"Hey there darlin', whoa! It went that bad huh?"

Sophie gasped in surprise, but all too willingly melted into Keefe's embrace.

"Eh," she shrugged against his chest as he continued to hold her against him.

"I mean he's gotten. . . Better then before. I think just all my anxiety is working me up."

"You think? Foster, I can feel it seeping out of your skin. . . Literally! Right here," He touched her forehead "And here." Right over her heart. "Here," he tapped the tip of her nose, making a small, little "boop" sound effect. Right before he kissed her nose. Which made her giggle, only to have those giggles swallowed up by his mouth claiming hers.

"You worried about letting everyone know?"

He didn't really need to ask. He already knew that, that's what it was. But he knew she'd feel better if she said it out loud.

She sighed.
". . . Yeah, do you think that they'll hate us for keeping it secret for so long?"

"Whoa, whoa, slow down there feisty Foster pants! First: it was not so long, it was only like two weeks. Second: no, they won't hate us, they'll probably all understand why we kept it secret. . . except maybe Dex, because his mind works in Technology, not social interaction. . . Poor little guy-"

He was interrupted by a playful punched to the shoulder from Sophie.

"Whoa there! That's my best friend you just insulted Mr!"
Keefe gasped, appalled at the suggestion that he wasn't her best friend. He had an expression of mock horror on his face has he clutched his heart.

"That hurt Foster. That hurt real deep."
He used his finger to stimulate a tear running down his cheek.

Sophie just kiss that cheek before playfully saying, "oh shut up." And pulling him along down the hallway, laughing.

"So how'd it go? With Mr Fork - ah, Magnate Leto."

It was still weird to think that Mr Forkle, old, wrinkly, always smelling of feet, Mr Forkle. Was the slim, hair slicked back, Magnate Leto.

"Eh, he basically told me the exact same thing Elwin did.
Only a lot longer and more boring."

"Oh, well that's Forkle for you." Oh screw it. He was basically the same person, and all these names were too confusing to keep track of.

They walked in silence, hand-in-hand until they neared the cafeteria and Keefe felt Sophie's nerves come back.

"So how do you want to do this?" He asked as they stopped right outside the doors.

"Well, I was thinking I'd start and try to explain everything, y'know?"

"Got it! You're the main talker, I'm completely cool with that. But I'll take over if you need me to."