My happy accident.

Grady and Keefe came back in a couple minutes later. Grady looked a little confused, but not angry (hallelujah!) and Keefe was still alive. . . So that meant the talk went good!

Grady walked in and hugged Sophie, then looked at Edeline,

"You know?"
He asked, pointing to Sophie and Keefe.
Edaline nodded. "Yep!"

"Alright. Now Keefe, I'm curious to know what this other news you have to tell us is?" Grady raised his eyebrows waiting for Keefe to explain. . .

**********************
"Let me get this straight.
You're a Froster, and your empathic abilities are heightened?"
Edaline asked. While she sat on the couch looking a little bewildered but keeping calm.
Grady was pacing the room.
Keefe just nodded.

"Can you control it?"
Were the first words Grady had spoken since Keefe told them about his new ability.

"For the most part, but I'm going to be having private lessons with Juline, to get a better grasp. And cause Forkle thinks its best to not let everyone know just yet, and I agree so we're just keeping it within the Black Swan and a few friends for now."

"I see." Grady paused, "Well as much as I never thought I'd say this, I trust you Keefe." His eye never breaking contact as he continued.
"So I trust that you can and will learn how to control
this - and not to do anything dangerous or stupid. Especially around or concerning someone we both care deeply about." He glanced at Sophie, then back at Keefe.
Sophie just buried her face in her hands and mumbled a quiet, annoyed "Dad." But didn't say anything else.

Keefe was listening intently, nodding his head, with a healthy dose of fear in his eyes, like if he spoke he might say the wrong thing.
Finally he responded.

"I understand what you mean, and I will - I am working hard to master this.
But I promise, if I feel even the slightest bit out of control I'll get as far away from that. . .person as I possibly can."

Grady, seeming pleased with that answer, patted Keefe on the shoulder, and that matter was settled.
And though Sophie wasn't thrilled about the promise Keefe had just made, she knew she was out numbered by two hot headed, very difficult guy, and that arguing was just going to be a waste of time and energy.
So instead she looked to her parents and asked,

"Can I have my friends over tomorrow? Keefe was wanting to tell them, and we thought here might be the best place."

"Sure, I think that's smart."
Grady and Edaline nodded.

Right then Sophie's imparted buzzed with Biana's name.
She excepted it and right away you can hear Biana screech.

"Crisis! Crisis! I need help!"

"Whoa, whoa are you alright! Are you hurt?"
Sophie asked frantically.

"No, I have two - not one, but TWO missed calls from Tam! What do I do! I don't know how to deal with this! And I thought since you have a boyfriend you might be able to help!"

She was panting and looked a little pale skinned, but Sophie let out a sigh of relief, glad it wasn't anything to serious.

"Okay calm down, I'm not the best at relationship advice. I mean, I almost always went to you."
She finished, looking a little helpless.

"But your the one with any actually boyfriend! I was just guessing!"

"Oh well that's nice to know!"
She huffed out sarcastically, then sighed,
"Look, everybody's different, and I wouldn't even know where to begin with Tam."