5

Ruby's POV

I yawned as I sat up from my bed and stretched. I threw my legs over the bed and and changed into my outfit. I did my morning business before walking out of the room. I stood for a second before the rest of my posse exited their rooms as well.

I glanced over to see Glynda walk out fully awake and in her outfit. She held her riding crop tightly in her hand. Qrow also stood with his outfit on. The double doors at the end of the hallway opened and out stepped a man. He wore a blue two piece suit and surgical gloves.

"Mr. Steele will see you now." He said. Glynda motioned me, Coco and Jaune over. We followed her into the room with Qrow while everyone else stayed outside.

We walked into a large dining room surrounded by windows. The table in the middle had a large round table with chairs while a man in a chair faced us. He wore a plaid two piece suit and also wore surgical gloves. He had black hair with grey on the sides and a small beard on his face. We walked over and sat in the chairs.

"Good morning." He said. We stayed in silence before Glynda spoke.

"Good morning Mr. Steele. We believe you have Y/N's location?" She said. He chuckled.

"Not without pay." Dallas said with a smirk. Glynda and Qrow looked at each other before handing him and envelope.

"It's all we have." Said Qrow. Dallas peered at Qrow before opening the envelope and looking inside.

"It's enough." Said Dallas, before stuffing the envelope in his jacket.

"But to answer your question, I do not." He said. Jaune stood up angrily.

"You mean we came all the way out here for nothing?!" He cried. The man from before and another man grabbed his shoulders and forced him back into the chair.

"I believe I should introduce my associates. This is Wolf." Nathan said, gesturing to the tall man with a deep scar on his face in a grey two piece suit and wore surgical gloves.

"And Houston." Nathan finished. I turned to the man in the blue two piece suit who only nodded at me.

"So do you have anything on Y/N?" Asked Qrow.

"Yes I do. Thank you for asking." Nathan said, before tossing a dossier over the table and landing it right in front of Glynda. She reluctantly picked it up and opened it.

"Over the last three years, the greatest minds of Remnant have either gone missing or have claimed to have gotten a new job." Explained Steele.

"And you think this is Y/N's doing?" Asked Coco.

"You tell me." He said.

"What I do know is the lead scientist in fusing DNA, Vasili Grubechov, was found dead earlier this week." He said. Glynda held a picture of a hanging corpse labeled 'Dr. Vasili Grubechov.'

"The police labeled it as suicide. But I know better. I can see the hand marks. This man was strangled to death." Steele implied. Glynda continued to flip through the notes of the dossier and looked at photos and documents.

"His assistant, Alexei Gregori however, is living happily in a penthouse in Mistrial. Find him and he could lead you to your friend." Instructed Dallas.

"What else?" Asked Qrow.

"Well, hundreds of shipments of Atlas tech and experimental weaponry have been stolen lately. Me and my team were right about to rob a Schnee train full of Atlas tech but it was robbed before we could get to it. Most would sell there stolen goods, but I have gone to ever Auction that sells illegal items and not one has any stolen Atlas tech, meaning the thieves are using the stuff." Said Steele. We nodded.

"Thank you Mr. Steele." Said Glynda.

"You're welcome. Anyone with cash is a friend of mine. Mr. Wolf. Mr. Houston. If you could kindly show them the door?" Dallas said. A gruff grunt sounded behind who I assumed was Wolf.

"Come on." Wolf said in a rough voice. We stood up from our seats and walked towards the door.

"If you ever need me, you know where to find me..." Said Dallas from behind me. I gulped at his intimidating tone of voice. Wolf and Houston opened the door and we stepped outside. Weiss looked up at us and jogged over.

"So? What's the plan?" She asked.

"We're leaving for Mistrial tomorrow. So get rest today while you can. We leave at dawn." Said Glynda before slamming the door shut to her room.

"Moody much?" Asked Nora. We shrugged before going into our separate rooms. I shut the door before lying on my bed and turning on the TV. I scrolled through channels for a bit before I put my head on my pillow and decided to get some sleep.

Y/N's POV

I stood above the lab, overlooking as over 400 worshippers stepped in and out of the machine. I had named it the Ubër Device. They walked in weak but stepped out as men and women of war, combined with Grimm DNA. I smiled at my work before Alexei walked up to me.

"Sire, there's a man here to see you." He informed me. I looked at him.

"Where is he?" I asked.

"The dining room my Lord." He answered.

"Very well. Continue the experiments." I instructed to him. He nodded before I walked out of the lab and towards the dining room. I walked down the long hallways where my Royal Guard lined up and saluted me. I only nodded at them. I pushed the doors of the dining room open to see my acquaintance at the table alongside Roman, Neo and Cinder.

"Ahhh. Mr. L/N." Said my contact.

"Mr. Steele." I said.

"How goes the experiments?" Asked Nathan. I smiled.

"Excellent. How goes the crime business?" I replied.

"Same as always." He answered. I smiled again.

"Have you met up with my adversaries?" I asked. He nodded.

"They don't suspect a thing." He replied.

"Excellent. The pieces are falling into place." I said before sitting at the table.

"Now we wait..."