two

ii

ii. holy shit

❤︎

OLIVIA CLARKE woke up the morning of November 1st in a strange haze. As she got ready, she didn't pay any mind to her normal routine, but instead focused on one question: was last night a dream?

   It definitely seemed like it. Nothing about that Halloween party seemed remotely real in the light of day. Maybe she ate cookie dough ice cream before falling asleep and it gave her strange dreams. Maybe she'd drank too much and blacked out. But there was no ice cream in the freezer, and she knew she didn't have a drop of alcohol last night.

   Her answer came when she walked into the bathroom to brush her teeth. There, on her sink counter, was a black coat. The black coat. The one Steve 'The Hair' Harrington had handed her last night when her lips were turning blue.

She felt dizzy, almost as if the room was spinning. There seemed to be a fog that laid over last night in her mind, but as soon as she saw that coat, it lifted. Everything was crystal clear.

She went about the rest of her morning warily, one eye on what she was doing and the other on the coat. She had no clue what to do with it. Steve said to keep it, but he also wasn't completely sober. So, when she heard her father yell up the steps that Keith was there to drive her to school, she panicked. Stuffing it in her bookbag, she darted down the stairs, her eyes wide with shock.

"Have a good day at...sweetie, are you alright?" Scott asked putting his hand to his daughter's forehead.

"Yeah, yeah," she replied breathlessly, wriggling away from him.

"Ok," he sighed, not believing her, "Have a good day at school, sweetheart."

"You, too, dad! I mean, not school, work! But you work at a school, so have a good day at school!" she stammered, shakily slipping on her shoes and pulling on her jacket. He watched her with concern, a small frown on his face.

"Bye!" she shouted as she ran through the door. She nearly tripped as she scrambled into the passenger's seat of Keith's car.

"Well good morning to you too." Keith laughed as he put his car in reverse, "So Vince is at Robin's house, so we don't have to-"

"I'm going to die today." Olivia interrupted nervously.

"What?" he asked, his eyes darting from the road to her. She promptly unzipped her bag and pulled out the coat, making Keith practically gasp.

"Is that Steve Harrington's coa-"

"Eyes on the road!" she screamed, making him look straight forward.

"Is that Steve's jacket?" he repeated, gulping.

"Yeah," she whispered as the fabric began to crinkle under her harsh grip.

"Oh, shit," he muttered in utter surprise.

"I'm so, so dead," she whispered.

"Why do you say that?" Keith questioned, though he knew the answer.

"When Tina or Carol or Tommy finds out I have Steve Harrington's coat, I'm getting crucified on the bulletin board by a horde of pissed teenage girls," she said anxiously, leaning her head back.

"It won't be that-"

"Steve Harrington," she repeated.

"Ok, so it might be that bad." Keith spoke, making Olivia groan, "But-but, isn't it totally cool that you have a one of a kind authentic Steve Harrington jacket?" he asked with a smile.

"Keith." Olivia sighed, a small smile growing on her face as she looked at him.

"Seriously! You could, like, sell it to some freshman for-"

"Keith!" she laughed, hitting his shoulder. The two sat in the car, smiles on their faces as they drove towards Robin's house.

❤︎

"SO WAS it you?" Robin asked nonchalantly, flipping through a book. She and Olivia sat at a table in the library, using their one and only study hall as a time to catch up on homework.

"What?" Olivia questioned, almost choking on her own saliva.

"Let me rephrase that: were you the mystery girl talking to Steve Harrington on the sidewalk outside Tina Goldfelder's party last night?" she looked at her friend expectantly. Though she never believed rumors or gossip, when she heard Kelly Jacobs and Terry Habberson talking about some strange girl talking to Steve on the sidewalk last night, wheels began to turn in her head.

"I, uh, yeah?" she replied, making Robin's eyes go wide.

"Holy shit!" she exclaimed, immediately being shushed by the librarian.

   "Are you out of your mind?" she asked in a quieter tone.

   "No, I just...he looked sad, so I comforted him," she mumbled.

   "You comforted him? Olivia, how the hell did you even talk to him? As soon as you see his hair, his goddamn hair, you practically melt!" she continued with wide eyes.

   "I don't know. I was nervous at first, but then I sat down next to him, and suddenly everything felt...normal? It was weird." she sighed, shaking her head.

   "Oh, my God," Robin muttered. Olivia's eyebrows furrowed in concern as she looked at her friend.

   "Don't tell me that was his coat you were wearing last night," she spoke, nearly breathless.

   "I was freezing, and he was-"

   "Holy shit. Holy shit." Robin repeated.

   "It's in my bookbag," Olivia whispered.

   "Your bookbag-"

   "Shhh!" a student a table away from them hushed.

   "Show me," Robin commanded with a wild grin on her face.

   "Not right now," Olivia spoke, looking around the library suspiciously.

   "Then tomorrow. Keith'll drive us over to my house and we'll do an ancient Wiccan ritual on it or something," she smirked.

   "I can't. I have to tutor Dustin," she muttered.

   "Seriously? Does that kid even need tutoring?" Robin scoffed.

   "Technically, no. But my dad scheduled it last week, and I can't just bail now," she explained.

   "Yes, you can. It's easier to not show up for shit, you know that, right?" Robin asked sardonically.

   "Yes, I know. I can't, though. I don't have it in me." she murmured.

   "You're too good for me, Clarke." Robin sighed, smiling at the girl. The two girls stared at each other, trying hard to stifle the giggles rising in their throats.

❤︎

winter speaks!
high key this was just a filler chapter. i just wanted to show some of olivia's friendships (i'm sorry vincent) and give a little bit of dialogue for each of them. anyways, love you guys!