Chapter 3

(Y/n) pov:

   I sat on the bed with a towel wrapped around my body as Lance showed me a bunch of dresses. "Listen. Don't you have sweatpants and a tee shirt laying around somewhere?" I quickly asked him. I never really like dresses, especially now that I have a chance to trip on the long silky fabric and hurt my leg even more. "Come on Lance. She doesn't need to look 'princess-y' right now. I'll go grab some of my sweatpants, and your tee shirt."

   Once Keith left the room, I sighed of happiness. "Thank god. These dresses are pretty and all, but I just need something relaxing. Thank you anyway for trying to help me out." I gave a small smile to Lance and he returned it with a big grin.

   Keith returned and threw the clothing at me. I flinched before grabbing them and hobbling over to the bathroom. I put on the grey sweatpants first, and oh boy... Were those pants way to long for me and also the waist fit barely. I grabbed the strings that could adjust the waist size and pulled them to where the pants wouldn't slide right off my body. I then put the blue tee shirt on, which was also to long, the end going down to my mid thighs.

   I hopped around and out of the bathroom trying not to tumble on Keith's long sweatpants. I started shaking my leg, making the long fabric shake with it, "How long are your legs Keith? I might as well trip on these." Lance started laughing at what I said and rolled up the pant legs. Keith just rolled his eyes while Lance helped me. 

   "Is that better, short legged?" Keith said harshly as I glared at him. "If I grew like 5 inches, and didn't have an injured leg, I'd punch you just about now." Lance sure had a kick out of us fighting. He just laughed about how I argued to Keith about how my shortness doesn't matter and how it was somewhat offensive.

   Noah had to help me to the ships dinning room for food. I hobbled down the hallway as he held me tightly. "So your foot is really hurting you." Noah says trying to make conversation between us. I laugh at his words and stop to breathe, "No, I'm just using you as a way of attention. Obviously." I roll my eyes at him and start hopping down the hallway again.

   I sat beside Allura and Noah as Coran passed out the food. Allura explained Lance and Keith would probably fight 3 times through out this dinner course. I just quietly giggled and look at both of them sitting by each other. "Why would they be sitting by each other if they fight all the time?" I looked back at her as I asked the question. She just shrugged at me before looking back at them. "I secretly think they like each other and are just pretending to hate each other." She giggles to me and starts talking to Coran.

   I decided to follow Hunk into the kitchen to see what he was doing. He grabbed something out of a pantry of some sort, and turned around to see me. "Jeez (Y/n). I thought you were the Galra er something." He laughed off his sacredness and continued on with what he was doing. "What are you doing? Could I help?" I smiled a little when he slid the bowl over to me. I looked down at a tan colored mixture with brown dots all around it.

   "What is this exactly?" I asked shyly. He looked up from measuring out ingredients. "You've never heard of cookie dough?" His face looked shocked, and  I blushed slightly at his reaction. "Not really..."

   After he'd explain what the mixture was, i helped him bake it. While doing so Hunk explained all their missions that they'd been on, not leaving one detail out. I'm glad someone was opening up. "Here, try one." He handed me on of the circular structures. "okay..." I took a small bite out of it. "Wow, this is really good Hunk."

   I sat back down in my seat and Hunk brought everyone a couple of cookies. He sat down once he passed them all out. "Guys, this is (y/n)'s first time having cookies." Hunk said before anyone could get into another conversation. I saw everyone look at me, except Noah, and I looked down at the cookies. "Really?" I heard Lance say across the table. "Haha... yeah. I sorta have been captured by the galra sense I was a little kid..." I quickly replied.

   Soon enough, Noah escorted me to my new room for the next couple days. I sat on my bed with my right leg in front of me. "I feel like we should be in the prison right now. It doesn't feel right." I said quietly to him. I looked up at him to see him agreeing. "Yeah. You need more rest, so I'll see you tomorrow. okay?" I nodded my head, "okay..."

   That night I had a nightmare of being tortured by the galra. It was the same as every other night, but this time it was worse. All the pain, bruises, and cuts felt too real. I woke up around 2 in the morning, some tears running down my cheeks and in a cold sweat. "It was only a dream (y/n). Only a dream..." I whispered to myself.

   I decided I needed a drink, so I turned on the lamp beside my bed. Somethings on my arm caught my eyes, bruises, that is. "How is that even possible-" things that happen in your dream happening in real life. The bruises ranged from my wrists, all the way to my ankles. I needed to hide these, and quick.

   I found my worn down flannel, and put it over Lance's tank top. I stood up without standing on my right leg, and used the wall to hobble down to the kitchen. I found a cup in the darkness and found a water source. The water felt refreshing as I drank it, before someone scared me. "Who's there." I heard the voice come from the entry. "I- uh... it's just (y/n)." 

   The person flicked on the lights, and my eyes quickly adjusted to the brightness. I saw it was Keith standing in the doorway. "Oh. Why are you up." He demanded in an annoyed tone. I put the glass down and rolled my eyes. "What does it matter to you?" He walked beside me and also grabbed a cup and filled it with water. "Allura told me i have to be nice to you."

   "You don't need to know anyway. Mind your own damn business." I said before sorta walking out. I was tired from the nightmare I'd had, and he'd made it worse. I made it to my temporary room and went back to bed with no dreams or nightmares.

-

-

-

-

-1164 words-

im pretty sure you can see where I stopped writing this in July but... oh well. I'm actually writing again :D. so like enjoy my crappy writing at 2:30 am while under quarantine because of corona ...