Prologue: The Rumor

There was a mountain far from the kingdom of East Gorteau that was feared among the people because of a monster that was believed to be living there. Rumors said that once a human lost or visit the mountain, they would never be back. They were believed to be consumed in the monster's belly.

A man was ordered to get a rare flower by the queen. It was so rare that it can only be found on that mountain. Knowing the danger he will face, he accepted the order in exchange of some goods for his family for this man was poor and he had a lot of children.

The man was accompanied by the palace's carriage at the foot of the mountain only. He'll be on his own in finding the flower once they reached the foot of the mountain.

The guards told him that these rare flowers were growing near a cave on that mountain; however, the monster that all the people of the East Gorteau were feared of believes to be residing on that cave.

"You can back out now." One of the guards told him, but he's so determined. This was his only chance to at least give a better life for his children.

The queen, however, promised him that she will award the goods to her family even if his quest was a failure-in other words, if he died on the mission.

They arrived at the mountain and the guards give him some tools and weapons to defend his self if ever he encountered the rumored monster. After it, he was left alone.

He braced his self and started walking on the mountain. He set his mind on finding a cave so that it would be easy for him to find the flowers. But if it's true that a monster is residing on the cave, or if the monster was true at all, he'll make sure that he would fight with all of his strength.

He is good at handling tools and using it for combat. He once used a rake in protecting his cow from a wolf.

With sweat covering his face and his body, he saw the beautiful blue flower. With much happiness and success he felt, he kneeled and pick immediately some of the flowers and set it on a basket. He didn't notice a creature calmly walking out of the cave that was near the bed of the blue flowers.

The creature accidentally stomped on a small wood which it didn't mind; however, the action made the man decided to turn his head; but he didn't see who was behind him as he turned because he was already dead.