Chapter 4: He Promised

I want to dedicate this chapter to Meruem1Sky1Destiny. ;)

---

Smoke and ashes surrounded the whole Kingdom of East Gorteau and one of its villages was gone. It was washed by the lava that came from the volcano that erupted.

A sadder news than that, it was Komugi’s village that was now gone. No one among her family survived. The girl, who lived without eyesight, now lives with no one but herself.

“I am still here.” She was sobbing with both of her hands on her face when she felt Meruem’s hand on her shoulder. She then continued her sobbing on Meruem’s chest.

“I am very sorry, Gungi mistress. I drove faster to your village but I was too late. The whole village was consumed by the lava.” Said the coachman who accompanied her on the foot of the mountain.

“It’s okay, Mister. I know that you did your best.” She answered in between sobs.

 Meruem observed the volcano. “It seems that this is the first time that that volcano erupted.”

“That’s right. We thought that the volcano was not active. Now, we found out that we were wrong and it destroyed one of the East Gorteau’s parts and will destroy the whole kingdom if we don’t do anything.” The coachman answered as they look at the lava that continued to flow. “We need to evacuate as soon as possible.”

People are horrified by the sudden event; however, they are more horrified to see a monster in the kingdom.

It was their first time to see the green creature; and though Meruem is not doing anything, the people that saw him loathed him already in just one look. They were whispering as what a monster is doing in the kingdom. When they see Komugi, they instantly understand that the monster was the reason for the death of their love ones who accepted the mission given by the queen. They don’t care about Komugi. They never cared about her; but they hate the monster.

One man put his rage into action. He got a rake and slashed it to Meruem. However, Meruem’s reflexes are fast. He got a hold on the man’s rake and he broke it with just one hand.

“What do you think you are doing?” Meruem said. “You might hit Komugi with your carelessness.” He radiated his anger, but revoked it immediately as he feels Komugi’s grip on him.

“You are the jink!” Shouted one of the people.

“That’s right!” Said another man. “The volcano was not erupting for a million years until you came.”

Meruem had the urge to kill them all.

“That’s nonsense!” Shouted the coachman beside Meruem. “He’s not even in the kingdom yet when the volcano erupted.”

 “Shut your mouth, old man!” The man pushed the coachman and was ready to beat him when Meruem got a hold on his hand.

“I might ignore your insults to me, but I will never forgive you if you hurt this man. You hear me?” Meruem pushed the man back to the other people who seek to kill him.

“We will kill you, monster! You are the curse in this kingdom!”

The people were united with one goal: kill Meruem. They burned their torches and readied their knives and rakes.

Komugi, who was afraid of what’s happening, did nothing but embraced Meruem instead.

The people were ready to attack him when someone spoke.

“What’s happening here?” A beautiful woman, fair and young, with lime green hair and golden eyes appear before them. A lot of guards surrounded her. “I supposed that there is tragedy in this place and people need to evacuate, but why are you, people, seem to have an argument?” She spoke calmly.