C H A P T E R . ➊➊ : a queen returns

Her courage was her crown

    And she wore it like a Queen. ❦ 

.........................................................

The next day at school was exhausting, I couldn't stop yawning all the time. I cursed to myself why the hell I accepted to go to that club! I spotted a couple of people who I had seen the day before, and they looked like they had slept all night, which was extremely unfair to me and the dark circles underneath my eyes. Does everyone have his gift but me?

I saw Tristan down the hall a couple of times, flashing his signature smirk but I kept on seeing the lost person from last night. For the first time, I saw behind his  facade and saw that even behind his smiles, there were sad eyes. 

At lunch, I did my best to avoid at all costs the noblemen and sat down at my usual place next to Harper. We drifted of into some pointless conversation and when the rest of the group weren't listening, she told me discretely,

" How do you plan on doing it?" She coaxed as I instantly knew what she was talking about.

" I don't know if I'm going to do it in the first place." I protested as she gave me a knowing look.

" I know you want to." She jeered as I stammered defensively.

" Please do it." She said finally. " I don't want you to leave Trinity-K, you've been an outstanding friend."

I had this broad smile on my face as I had an idea how I was going to execute this plan to perfection. And I'm not going anywhere if I'm sitting across the room from him. I stood up and took my tray. 

" Good luck." Harper said encouragingly and as I much as I wanted to say I didn't need luck, I really did.

I started walking towards the King's table and felt eyes of the students burning my back. I took a deep breath. A ship is safe in harbor but that's not what a ship is for. If I wanted to get anywhere, I had to take the first step. Determination flashed in my eyes and in a confident movement, I put my tray on their table.

Their eyes shot up to me, surprised. This was clearly the first time someone came to their table.

" What are you-" Adrian said.

" I'm sitting here." I interjected simply as a smirk played with Tristan's lips.

" That was a brave move." He commented.

" Fourntune favours the bold." We shared a smile.

Just like that, the kings started their conversation again, I took it at their way of accepting me into their group. I turned my head around and saw Harper give me a thumbs up. The kings were talking about some Felicity Addington, which to be honest didn't spark too must interest for me, until Ace's face turned white.

" Can we please not mention her?" He implored. Why?

" Dude, you've got to face her sometime, she is coming next week." Said Adrian.

" Who?" I asked as Tristan whispered in my ear.

" Felicity Addington, the only queen Trinity-Kingsburry ever had."

A queen? It was hard imagining someone else than the kings on top, but I admit I was a little taken aback at first when I was told that the monarchy consisted uniquely of boys. A feminine touch can't hurt. 

" We're meeting her tonight." Adrian added as Ace sighed. " Her majesty just needed to try all the chocolate shops before moving here."

" Yeah she's a sucker for them." Tristan chuckled, his eyes lost in some distant memory. " Are you coming?"

It took a while before realizing he was talking me. " Um, I don't know."

" Of course she is!" Interupted Ace before mouthing please help me in my direction. Before I could answer, Adrian said,

" Well then, pick you up at 8."

The bell rang as they got up and went to their next classes.

....................................................

Hey everyone!

A QUEEN IS COMING!!!

I've been waiting this part for a while now. It's actually kind of crazy but I already imagined how Dethroned is going to end, and I was wondering how many parts would you like it to be!

See you around! 👋

...............................................