C H A P T E R . ➊➍ : shooting star

You are enough to drive

     a saint to madness

    or a king to his knees.

.................................................

Today was the day Felicity Addington returned to Trinity-Kingsburry and what an effect that had. It was like a bomb had been dropped. Everyone was following her like a dog follows a bone, greeting her kindly and asking her to go to social events. My, this queen had power.

She took her throne back and her place alongside the kings, chatting like it was nothing and not missing any opportunity to talk to Ace. I wanted to go and sit with them but I didn't want to be reminded of all the things she is and I'm not. Pathetic, I know but try telling my brain that.

But I had a much more crucial task at hand. Finding Pokerface. Who ever they were, they knew something important. On my locker, I found a note saying another midnight club meeting will be held as I groaned in frustration. Not another of these, last time I failed my math test due to the lack of sleep. ( and mostly lack of studying, but let's not get into that.) 

It's not like I should be worried. I did my dare, and Harper adopted the school's golden lab and is currently hiding it in her dorm, so nothing should go wrong. I shredded the paper to hide all evidence and headed to my next class.

I saw Adrian walking towards me as he said,

'' Hey Elyse.''   

'' What's up A-dog?'' I greeted as he chuckled slightly.

'' Let's do the bio project. Tonight at 11.'' He said. '' Dorm 1.''   

'' First off, dorm 1? Is that even a thing?'' I joked as he nodded. I sighed. '' Anyways I can't, not tonight.''  

'' You've got plans at 11?'' He coaxed incredulous, grinning at me like if I were joking around.

'' Yep.'' I replied simply as his smile faded, is expression becoming ardent. 

'' With who? Never mind.'' He muttered under his breath as he walked away. 

No, no, no! This wasn't supposed to happen! Damn midnight club. Well I suppose it only starts at  mindnight, I can make it.

'' Wait!'' I called out as he turned his head. '' See you then!'' He flashed a broad smile and happily continued walking.

What mess did I bring myself into?

..........................................................

At eleven sharp I left for Adrian's dorm. I had asked Harper for the instructions in exchange of her embarrassing questions. Dorm one was apparently on the top floor of the academy, a floor with only one dorm.

I knocked on the door to find it already opened. I entered dubiously the dorm, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear and found Adrian reading a textbook in a plain white t-shirt that clinged to him, showing his buff body. It was so unfair, the whole hour I took doing my hair and picking out an outfit so that he takes a few minutes and still looks like a Calvin Klein model!

'' Um, hello.'' I said which sounded more like a question.

He put his book down and looked at me.