três

🎙🎞

mackenzie's pov

"WHAT?!" ME AND DALE SAID AT THE SAME TIME. i turned to Johnny before saying "my mom can't know that i sing john" when he said he'd help me i didn't have a clue he would suggest enrolling me in the music program, i thought he was going to sign me up for some classes or something . "wait, you sing?" dale questioned like it was outrageous that i did. "y-yeah" i answered "wow, i never thought Melissa's kid would sing. she isn't a big musician supporter" "i know, that's precisely why she doesn't know that i sing" i told him "she would go off at me saying that singing isn't fit for me, and that it's disrupting my dance and stuff".

        "yeah, i can hear her saying that" Dale affirmed "now john, how would she be in the music program if her mom can't know" he questioned while staring at Johnny. i would like to know the same thing, because he must have a plan if we came all the way here. "you see, if you guys would've let me finish. i think she should take the classes in the music curriculum in private after her dance classes. i can help out her too. she is really good dad, if she doesn't do this it's going to be a waste of her talent". Johnny's comment made me blush he really thinks i'm talented.

        "kenzie?" i heard johnny call "sorry, i zoned out. what was it?" "i need to hear you sing before i make my decision" dale said "u-uh sure!". i stood up and searched for any instrument that i could use "do you have a guitar or ukulele here?" i asked. dale opened a cabinet full of instruments "which one?" he questioned. i thought about it for a while before going with the uke. i grabbed it from him before sitting down next to Johnny again. he gave me a reassuring look. "you can do this, you're great" he whispered while running circles on my legs, stop the tingly feeling! i smiled at him and prepared myself to play.

        "uh, this is an original song. it's called lost" i said. i found myself reliving the situation i had with Brynn earlier today. only this time there was more at stake. maybe i can be in the music program... that would be so great is all i kept thinking through the song. i poured all my desire to be in this program in my emotion through the song. when i finished, i looked to see if i could read anything out of Dale's reaction. his face was very emotionless, i couldn't see if my performance was good enough of not.

       "okay. i need to think about this. we've never had a situation like this one, so i really need to consider this well" he took a breath before looking at me and asking "you want this?" "so much. i love singing and writing and it would be a dream to be in the music program" i quickly answered. "okay, i'll let you guys now soon okay?" "okay, take your time dad" Johnny answered for me. "now you two go to bed!" he said laughing at us. "we will Mr Orlando. thank you for giving the opportunity!" i said while smiling at him.

        we left his room and i let out a long breath. "you did really well, you know. he'll agree to it. i know he will" Johnny said while looking at me in a way i couldn't quite figure out. "thanks John. for everything. we've only just met and you're helping me so much already" i thanked him while leaning in to hug him. he hugged back and whispered in my ear, sending shivers everywhere "you're welcome Kenz". we pulled away after a while and stayed in a really awkward silence. "do you uh... do you want me to walk you to your room?" he asked me "yeah, sure. i would love that. i'm in 160!".

        we started walking to my dorm in silence. i realized that i didn't know a thing about Johnny. so i decided to get to know him "so, what's your program?" i asked "what do you think?" he asked smirking at me "you seem to appreciate my singing so i would guess music. or maybe modeling" shit, why did i just say that! i'm normally not this flirty or awkward "modeling? so you think i'm hot" he asked smirking again "didn't say that".

he just laughed at me "you didn't have too" he said. "how old are you?" i asked "are you interrogating me now? and i'm 17" "i'm trying to get to know you silly" i said while giggling at him "ooh, then how old are you?" "16" "ha i'm older" he exclaimed like ir was a big win "and more mature clearly" i said while rolling my eyes.

the rest of the walk we got to know each other. i learned that he is originally from canada and that his dad got this job when he was just a baby. because he was always around all types of art he fell in love with it, and more specifically music. he has a sister that goes here too. he also learned about my story. the walk felt like an eternity, but a good eternity. i didn't want it to end.

when we reached our destination i said "goodnight John" before leaving him and heading for my room. before i could go in i hear him exclaim "wait Kenz" i turned around to face him "yeah?" "can i, uh, have your number? just so we can talk about this music program thing!" he asked nervously. i was cute yet confusing how nervous he was to ask for my number since minutes ago he was being all confident "sure" i said while giggling a bit. i walked towards him and he gave me his phone and i typed my number in "thanks!" he said. i just smiled at him and turned around. when i was in front of my door i said "oh and johnny, you can text me about non music related stuff too! if you want" i said before heading inside.

        before i closed the door all i saw was him standing there with a smirk on his face.  if he keeps this flirting up i'm doomed was all i thought. i got into my bed and thought about what a crazy first night this had been. i had met a cute boy who turned out to be the principles soon and he is trying to help me get in the music program. before i knew, i fell asleep.

🎙🎞

author's note: hey guys! another chapter for you! i'm back in school and i'm trying my best to write!!! make sure to VOTE and comment your thoughts! love❤️🥰
goal: 3 votes