dezoito

🎙🎞

mackenzie's pov

        TODAY WAS THE DAY. THE DAY JOHNNY WAS LEAVING. ever since that night, when i confessed my feelings and he told me he was leaving we've been trying to spend as much time together as we could. he was going to be gone for two and a half months and we needed to make up for all that time. i woke up on that saturday morning. even the weather was gloomy and sad.

        we all agreed to not take him to the airport. he said it would be too hard on him if we did and he wouldn't want to leave. so we had to wake up extra early to see him go. "Brynn, are you coming?" i asked my blonde best friend that was in the bathroom. i was ready but she wasn't yet. she left the bathroom in a casual outfit "of course i am. i'm not letting you go through this alone" she said while side hugging me. i just smiled at her. i didn't have many words that day. we headed for the exit. there we met with everyone. all of them had miserable faces.

        Hayden saw me and side hugged me just like Brynn did. Johnny was putting his bags on the cab. when he finished he turned around to say his goodbyes. "so guys. i'm terrible at goodbyes but i'll miss every single one of you. i'll be back really soon, you'll see" he said sadly. he started by hugging Annie and Asher that were in the left corner. i heard Asher mumble "i'm proud of you bro". Annie was crying. a lot. he is her best friend after all "you go and conquer the world. you deserve it" she said. Johnny pulled away and she turned to Asher, crying in his chest.

        next was Lauren. his sister. when he got to her, his eyes became glossy. "sis, i love you so much" he said while hugging her. Lauren was at a loss of words. she was crying too. a lot. "i love you too" she said "i'll come for a show if i can" she said crying. he kissed her cheek and headed for Brynn, the next person. "congrats Johnny. i'll take care of them. all of them, i promise" she told him leaning for a hug. "thanks Brynn". their hug was shorter then the other ones. than it was Hayden. at that point i had already felt tears in my cheeks. "hey, i'm glad we're friends now" Hayden said. they bro hugged for a while "me too" the green eyed one said.

        he walked and stood in front of me. i saw everyone's eyes on us. "Kenzie..." he started crying. "shhh, you don't have to say anything" i said while hugging him "i know". we stayed in each other's arms for a while before he pulled away. he grabbed my face and pecked my lips which took me by surprise. but i didn't mind it. i wanted it too. "i'll miss you so much" he said "i'll miss you too" i said looking into his green beautiful eyes. "i-i got you something" he reached for his pocket and took out a necklace. it was silver and had a lock on it. "as long as you have this, i'm always with you" he reached for his shirt and took something from under it. it was the same necklace as mine. i pecked his lips again and turned around so he would put it on me. he did, and i turned around, hugging him for the last time in a while. "i'll come back to you. i promise" he whispered in my ear "and take care of Lauren for me". after that he pulled away and i just nodded at him.

        he looked at me one last time before heading for the cab. when he wasn't looking anymore, i broke down. i felt Hayden's arms around me. trying to comfort me. he left. i love him and he left. wait what, i l-love him?

INSTAGRAM!