vinte

🎙🎞

narrator's pov

SATURDAY

         JOHNNY HAD BEEN TRYING TO TALK TO MACKENZIE EVER SINCE THE INCIDENT. she was not ready tho. he had called her multiples times, texted, facetimed. he even called Hayden and Lauren to try and help him, but they all said Mackenzie had been awfully quiet recently.

he had just woken up. he had a show today and performing in this situation would be hard. he picked up his phone and immediately tried calling Kenzie. only he was surprised that this time she picked up.

"KENZIE! oh my god! you finally picked up" he said when the facetime finally connected. he was met with a very sad faced girl. "yeah..." she said "look" the both exclaimed at the same time "no let me go first" he said "look, i don't even know if i heard it right or if you actually meant it but... i love you too Kenzie" he said looking passionately through the phone. the girl on the other side started breaking down "don't say that" she said as tears started flowing "w-why Kenz? you did say that didn't you?" he desperately said, now concerned for her answer "yeah. i did Johnny. and i meant it. i do love you. b-but that's exactly why". he still didn't get it. he didn't get that having their feeling out there would make two and a half months the hardest ever.

"i still don't understand" he said quietly, scared for the girls reaction. "god, Johnny. i love you and that just makes this" she said poiting between the two of them "a lot harder. i love you and i can't be with you. we have to content ourselves with talking to you trough this little screen. you have to take time of your day to talk to me and not enjoy tour" she broke down a little more "it's too much". Johnny understood where she was coming from, it was harder. if they just liked each other, they wouldn't be feeling like this "b-but what are we supposed to do?" he asked. we can't stop talking. i couldn't live another two months without speaking to her "i don't know Johnny. i just know that pretending that this is good isn't going to help" she stopped for a second.

"look, i'm so proud of you. you don't even understand. and i don't want to get in the way of your shows and everything. you have to focus on that. you're so busy and between making time for me and enjoying tour you're sacrificing the latter. this is your chance bubs. you have to go full out and enjoy every second of it". he knew where this was going and now it was his eyes that were full of tears "please don't say it" he said, crying silently "i have to. for you. i love you too much to let you loose this opportunity because of me" she said. "look at me bubs" he looked up at her "i'll still be here. if you ever need to talk to me, then just text me. but don't do it because you have to because we are far. i'll be here when you come back, i promise" she said while looking into his green mesmerizing eyes. "i love you. and two months won't change that. and you know i'm right, you know this hurts you too" she said. he nodded. she was right.

the past few days, he had always been worried that he would forget to text her. when he did, he felt guilty. he was always thinking about her and not enjoying that moment that was so special to him. "you are" he said "and i love you too. and i'll come back" he said smiling at her. "so, how do we do this actually?" he pondered. "enjoy you're time there at the fullest. and text me whenever. but don't pressure yourself to it" she said reassuringly. "okay" he said. "i'll talk to you when i talk to you then" he said earning a silly smile from her "i love you bubs, always remember this" she said. "i love you too" he answered right before hanging up on her. he just laid there on his bed, absorbing everything that had just happened.