doze

🎙🎞

narrator's pov

AN AWKWARD SILENCE WAS SET IN THE TABLE. Kenzie sat still, not knowing how to react to Johnny being there. Emily and Sage were just chocked. Hayden kicked them under the table to get their attention. what is it with our group and kicking under the table he thought. Brynn had already gotten the message. "um.. we'll leave you two alone" she said while grabbing her stuff and leaving. the others followed her. Hayden gave his best friend a reassuring look before heading out.

being alone with Johnny was terrifyingly comforting. if that is even possible. she liked his presence, but she didn't know what was going to happen next. "sorry, but what are you doing here?" she said in a splurge of confidence. "oh-um" the boy hesitated not expecting her to be so blunt "i'm sorry. i'm sorry about the whole not talking to you in public thing. i realized i was very stupid and it wasn't worth loosing your friendship over" he said. Mackenzie still kept quiet, waiting for him to continue.

"look, you deserve to know why i did what i did" he said. "okay... go on" she said trying not to let him see how happy she was he was talking to her. "short version. i met this girl a couple of years ago. she was in modeling. here, it was never common to socialize with people outside of your program. and i didn't know her well because i didn't coexist with her. but i trusted her even though my friends told me not to. she broke my heart and ever since then i have followed the 'rule' and avoided people from other programs" he took a breath "it had nothing to do with you. it's just, the one time i broke the rule my heart was broken and i just- uh- was scared that it might happen again, i don't know".

Mackenzie understood why he did what he did. it's the same reason why she doesn't tell her mom about her music. self preservation. trying not to get hurt. she felt bad for what happened to him. unconsciously she put her hand on top of the boy's and smiled at him. he was startled by that. his confused face made her realize what had happened and take her hand right away. "look. i get it Johnny. and i'm sorry that happened to you. but by doing that you hurt me. a lot. i wanna be friends with you, i do. i just think maybe we should get to know each other first a little better first and stuff. honestly i- uh i don't think i can trust you right away" she confessed looking at him with sadness in her eyes. he realized that he had hurt her now more than ever. he never meant to. and he didn't want to take things slow and get to know each other. but he had to, for her sake.

so this time, he was the one to take her hands in his. "it's okay! i understand. but we can try right?" he asked with hope written all over his eyes "yes. we can try" she said while smiling at him and not pulling away. they stayed like that, just looking at each other for a while before Mackenzie started blushing and looked away. she took her hand off his. Johnny cleared his throat. "uh- do you wanna maybe meet my friends?" he asked her. "uh, yeah i guess" she said looking up at him again. "come on" he said standing up and waiting for her to do the same.

        they headed for the table were she always saw the boy at. there sat two girls and Asher, who she kind of knew. both the girls were beautiful. one had a dirty blonde hair and green eyes. she knew for a fact that it was Lauren because Hayden had showed pictures of her. only she had bangs now. she looks cute. the other one she didn't know at all. she was brunette and had a beautiful smile. she sat next to Asher, their hands intertwined. they're cute! Mackenzie thought.

       "hey guys..." Johnny said making everyone look up at him. he took a seat next to Lauren and grabbed Kenzie so she would seat next to him "this is Kenzie. Kenzie these are Lauren, my sister, and Asher and Annie, my best friends" he said while pointing at each one of them. "hi" Kenzie shyly said. what if they don't like me? Johnny will take their word for mine any day! she worried. Lauren was the first to speak up "hi Kenzie. nice to meet you. we've heard a lot about you" they smiled at each other. "so, what's your program?" Annie asked smiling at the girl too. Mackenzie looked at Johnny before saying "uh, dance" she confessed "she is Hayden's pas de deux" Asher completed. she looked at him and nodded "his what?" Johnny asked confused.

        that comment made Asher snap "you guys don't pay attention to what i say for God's sake. i've explained this before you uncultured people". his frustration made Kenzie giggle, it looks like his friends didn't take an interest to dance like he did "pas de deux means step for two. it basically means he is my 'partner' i guess. it's just, in ballet it's deeper then just being partners. there is a connection" Mackenzie explained. every one was looking at her know "exactly. but you would know that already if you guys payed attention to me. at least someone here appreciates dance too" Asher complained again looking at the girl in front of him and gently smiling at her.

        "what are your programs?" Kenzie asked trying to make conversation "i'm in modeling and acting" Lauren said. "oh yeah, you've shot with Hayden. he showed me. you're really beautiful" the brunette completed "thanks. i love the pictures he posts of you" the blonde said smiling "oh... he keeps making me model even though it's not my thing" Kenzie confessed "it should be, you're gorgeous" Annie said earning a smile from Mackenzie "so are you". there was silence for a second before Annie said "oh i'm in acting and music" "and i'm music and dance with you" Asher said. "that's cool" Kenzie said. Johnny just sat there in silence, watching the beautiful girl by his side interact with his friends.

        the bell for the next class rung and the five teenagers looked at each other "i should go" Mackenzie said while standing up. "wait, Kenzie!" Lauren said "can i have you number and insta?" she asked "yeah, me too" Annie said smiling. Kenzie was happy they wanted to get her contact. "sure" she said. they exchanged numbers and Asher, Annie and Lauren left for their classes. "what do you have now?" Johnny asked Kenzie  "uh, AP math" she said "wait you have AP classes?" "y-yeah" "wow, talented and smart. what a catch" he said, making Kenzie blush. "i'll walk you, come on" he said while heading for the exit.

         they talked all the way to Kenzie's class. and the both of them couldn't be happier.

🎙🎞

author's note: hey guys! sorry for not updating sooner. i had a party and then i got sick. i'm going to try to update today again, but i can't promise anything. make sure to VOTE and comment. love🥰
goal: 5 votes