vinte e oito

🎙🎞

mackenzie's pov

          AS SOON AS ME AND HAYDEN GOT OFF STAGE FROM OUR PAS DE DEUX, BRYNN STARTED DRAGGING ME AROUND. "Brynn, where are we going?" i asked while she pulled me around "we are getting you ready". she pulled me to a room and gave me a make up wipe "take that off" she said pointing at my face. "what, why?" i said. i was going to have to wear make up anyway "we're redoing it". i didn't even bother to argue. it's Brynn. after i took my make up off she started doing it all over again.

          at some point Hayden came back and gave me a water. "here. and you'll do great. relax" he said. i was very stressed. very doesn't even begin to cover it. my mom was out there. i saw that she cried during mine and Hayden's dance. what if she thinks i suck? what if she takes me out of this school? what if Annie and Lauren don't like it? i had a million worries in my head. "Kenzie?" Brynn asked. she was now in front of me holding and outfit. "here, change" she said. i grabbed the outfit. i wasn't something i'd normally wear but my stomach was in too many twists to argue with Brynn right now. i trusted her. and i was thankful that she was here because without her u would have frozen and not gotten ready.

          as i tied my shoes Brynn said. "come on, the second person is almost done". i stood up but before we could go anywhere she made me take pictures. typical Brynn. after that we started walking there. Hayden held my hand to comfort me. in the middle of the walk Mr Orlando started introducing the next singer "And our third singer of the night has come from very far for this. performing his original song, here is Johnny Orlando!" he said enthusiastically. what? Johnny's here? i immediately stopped in my tracks. Brynn and Hayden just looked at each other chocked. as realization hit, i ran to the side of the stage and there he was. there was Johnny. why didn't he tell me he was coming? i kept asking myself.

          "hey guys! this song is called Piece of my Heart. enjoy!" he said looking for someone on the crowd. is he looking for me? he started his song. i had never actually heard that one. long distance tested me. you get the worst and the best in me. phone calls and i can't sleep. wait. is this about me? you know me best from, all of the midnight talks. don't wannabe strangers. i don't wanna loose it all. the miles between us are just gonna make it hard. at this point he looked to his side. and he saw me. his eyes immediately shined a little brighter.

          "i cant believe he is here" i confessed to my friends who stood next to me "me neither, honestly" Hayden said. as he continued his song he kept glancing out way and smiling in a way that made my heart melt. i missed him so much and there he was. "thank you guys so much" i heard him saying after the song stopped. that's when i realized. it was my turn now. i immediately started panicking "guys, it's me now. i can't do this anymore" i said. "hey hey it's fine" Hayden said. he was gonna say more but he was interrupted by Johnny's presence. he came over and hugged me by my waist, taking me off the ground "i missed you so much, gosh!" he said.

          i had been thinking about the day we were going to reencounter for months but now i couldn't even focus on me. he put me down and waited for my reaction. "i-i can't..." i trailed off. he gave me desperate eyes. "and for our final singer, here we have this very talented young lady: Mackenzie Ziegler" Mr Orlando said before i could complete my thought. i immediately heard gasping in the audience. Johnny who was in front of me was now very confused "you're singing?" he asked. "Johnny not now" Hayden said pushing him to the side "come on Mack, you can do this. go!" he said reassuringly. i just nodded and got into the stage.

          as i approached the middle i immediately saw my mom. she had a confused face on. well, at least it's not a mad face. "hi everyone. i'm going to be singing Someone You Loved by Lewis Capaldi" i said. i took a deep breath and looked at Hayden and Brynn who were giving me a thumbs up. the song started playing and the lyrics were just flowing out of my mouth. i was doing it. singing in front of people. in front of my mom. as i got further into the song i started getting more comfortable with it. it got to the point were i was loving that. the sensation of being up there. Johnny always said i was amazing, i got it now. i could feel his eyes burning on my side. but i could also see Lauren and Annie with big smiles on their faces. Maddie was crying a little. my mom didn't have a readable reaction.

          "i was getting kind of used to being someone you loved" and just like that, the song ended. i had been scared for weeks just for this moment and there. i did. every one started clapping but i couldn't focus on any of it. it doesn't matter if Lauren and Annie don't like it. or if my mom fights me. i just did it. and i'm proud of myself. was all i could think. after a while i left stage and immediately ran into Brynn and Hayden's arms. "baby, um so proud you did so good" Brynn whispered in our hug "Mack that was awesome" Hayden said. i pulled off to see Johnny still standing there. i looked at Hayden and it seems like he got the message "we'll talk to you soon" he said.

          as they left i smiled at Johnny before going to him "hi" i said. he still didn't say anything "i missed you too. a lot. i'm sorry, i was just nervous for the performance" i admired. he still didn't say a word, he just pulled me in a hug. he wrapped his arms tight around my waist and i smiled brightly on his shoulders. i hadn't realized the smallest things i missed about him. his smell. his fluffy hair. his gorgeous green eyes. as we pulled apart he desperately crashed his lips on mine. we kissed for a while before he pulled away "you did so good! i'm so proud of you" he said "thank you" i was blushing at this point. "you don't even know how hard it was being away from you. i have so much to tell you" he said while he caressed my check "i know. i felt the same. and we have all the time in the world now" i said pulling him into a hug again.

          "and then i wanted this to be surprise. so i was hiding through all the performances. i saw as Wendy and with Hayden. you're so talented" he said pulling away and looking at me with loving eyes. "so are you, that song was..." but before i could finish someone cleared their throat. still in Johnny's arms i turned around and saw one of the things i was most scared for.

          "hi mom!" i said.

INSTAGRAM!

liked by johnorlando and others

kenzieziegler i was clearly stressed and didn't want to take pictures
tagged brynnrumfallo

comments are disabled for this post...

🎙🎞

author's note: HIII!!  sorry for not posting yesterday. this book is almost at 500 votes WOW. THANK YOU SO MUCH. hope you guys liked this chapter!! this is a long one❤️❤️❤️
make sure to VOTE and comment!
goal: 16 votes