4| Mint

"Where am I stationed today?" Jimin tossed the Lysol wipe, wiping his hands on his apron. That apron was a little big on his, as he was a small person, so it reached his knees.

"Hm, let's see," Jin slid a spreadsheet out from under the counter, dragging a finger along it to find his place. "Ah, you'll be stationed in the kitchen with me. Namjoon, you'll be waiting and bussing tables. Yoongi will be washing."

"Are Hoseok, Taehyung and Jeongguk coming in today?"

"Afraid not. Hoseok is visiting his grandma today, Taehyung and Jeongguk asked for today off because it's their two year anniversary," Jin explained. "We'll manage on our own today."

"Aw, so they're having a special date day?"

Jin looked at Namjoon. Namjoon looked at Jin. Jin turned to put the spreadsheet away, showing Namjoon he expected him to answer.

"Yep, you could say that," He mumbled, rubbing the back of his neck. Jin snorted.

Jimin smiled.

"That's sweet."

"Yep." Popping the 'p', Namjoon folded his lips.

"Jimin," Jin called from the back, "Come in here and help me prepare the kitchen!"

"Coming!" Jimin flashed Namjoon a smile before darting through the double doors to the kitchen.

Jin was warming up the deep fryer, wiping off the counter around it.

"Mind doing the chopping for me?" He asked, gesturing to the cutting board.

"Sure," Jimin nodded.

There were a few minutes that were filled with a comfortable quiet. The rhythmic chopping of Jimin's knife was background noise. Jin was peeling potatoes and carrots, providing Jimin with the vegetables to chop.

"Hey, Yoongi hyung!" Namjoon's voice floated into the kitchen. "You're early today."

"Yeah," Yoongi's groggy, disinterested voice seeped through the door. "Where am I stationed?"

"Dishes."

"Got it."

Double doors swung open, a thin shaped slipping between them into the kitchen.

"Hello, Yoongi," Jin smiled.

"Morning, Yoongi hyung!"

Yoongi looked at Jimin and smiled.

"Hi, Jin. Morning, Jimin-ah." He gave Jimin a quick side-hug, glancing at his face. "You look a bit unwell today, Jimin. How did you sleep?"

"Fine," Jimin lied.

Yoongi flashed Jin a look.

"Okay, then. I'll be in the back if you need me." 

Watching Yoongi's mint green hair disappear around a corner, a sigh flew over Jimin's lips.