1

I was going to post this tomorrow but I guess you guys deserve it. This chapter is kinda quick paced to catch you guys up
Mwah
-Queen
                                           ~*~

Malorie

I looked at my brand new house and almost shivered at the sight.
Large grand doors
Traditional exterior
Even fancier interior.

I had did that shit all by myself, I put in the work and grew my company so that I could be able to afford the expensive home.

It had grand double spiral staircases when you enter, open concepts high ceilings, brand new appliances. I felt a small tear drop at the thought of it.

"You did that." I said walking around sighing I glanced at the welcome basket I had yet to give to my new neighbor, picking it up I made sure it was in perfect condition before walking outside.
I wasn't ready to meet whoever lives next to me I was just going to put it on the doorstep and leave.

That was until the door opened.

"How can I help you today?" A tall man said. I craned my neck to look at him.
Hot potatoes

"Hi I'm Malorie, your new neighbor I came to give you this basket as a way to introduce myself." A slight grin popped onto his face and I could instantly profile him.
He took the basket and set it down inside on a small table. I snook a couple of glances at the interior. That's nice.

"Well thank you for the basket. I'm Ryan." He held out his hand and I firmly shook it, trying to insert my dominance. After that I slowly backed away.

"It was nice meeting you." I added.

"Yeah, you too Malorie." He said slowly. Watching me walk back to my house.

"I'm not going outside while he's out there." I whispered to myself.

~*~

Two years later

I grunted and moved around.

For the life of me I couldn't open this fucking can.

Groaning I slipped on my flip flops and ran to Ryan's house. We had actually become very close friends as well as business associates and we randomly entered each other's house whenever we wanted.

"Ryan!" I shouted. No doubt from the noise upstairs he having his daily appointments.

It wasn't the first time I interrupted one of his hoe sessions and it definitely wouldn't be the last. I went to his living room and plopped on the sofa waiting for him to come down in his usual attire, which was nothing but some basketball shorts. I heard a girl grunting angrily before she left and slammed the front door.

"Must you always keep doing this, you're preventing me from obtaining any type of pleasure." He said in a playful annoyance.

"Yeah whatever just open this can." I said handing him the jar of pasta sauce.

"Are you inviting me over for dinner?" He asked opening it effortlessly.

"Nope." I said grabbing the jar and heading for the front door. His body blocked my way from leaving.

"So you just think you can leave after you interrupted me making love?" I snorted.

"Ryan you were having sex. If you want it so bad you can use your hand." I laughed trying to avoid his beaming eyes.

"Malorie." He drug out.

"Okay, that was mean, I'm sorry can I go now? You're going to make me burn my house down." I said pushing his bare chest.

"I'll be over in a few Mal."

"Yeah whatever." I said skipping my way back to my house.

I finished cooking the Shrimp Alfredo and was in the middle of eating when my door opened.

"Honey I'm home!" I heard Ryan yell I rolled my eyes. He walked into the dining room with a bottle of wine in his hand.

"Eating without me?" He asked with a surprised face. I nodded.

"Last time I checked this is my house." I said stabbing a shrimp

"You're being sassy today, what's got your-"

"Don't you dare say it." I said.

"Calm down." He said coming over and kissing my forehead before disappearing into my kitchen. He returned with his plate and two glasses. "Wine?"

"Sure." I said finishing up my food. He poured some wine and I drank it while eating my garlic bread, I watched him inhale the food. I gulped down the wine hoping to feel some type of relief. I got up and started to clean up.

"Malorie I got it." He said coming behind me. I ignored him and continued to clean. In an instant my body was spun to face him and I was glaring at him.
He seemed unimpressed and was probably used to my tantrums by now. Which made anything else I did, ineffective.

"Go sit down. I got it." He said slowly.

"I'm not a k-"

"I never said you were Malorie. Can I be a gentleman and do my part, you cook, I clean, and vice versa." He said pushing me to the living room.

"So why don't you have a girlfriend again?" Just like that things were back to normal.

"Because I spend too much of my time looking after you."

"You weren't looking after me when your balls w-"

"You're vulgar for a child." He interrupted.

"I'm twenty four Ryan. I'm not a child. I thought you just said something about not calling me a kid?" I said annoyed.

"Mhm." I watched as he washed the dishes. His muscles flexing as he washed the plates. I almost dreamily sighed. Stop it Malorie, that's your friend.

"Can you stop staring?" Ryan asked meeting me eyes. I groaned and turned around.

"Ryan you need to start settling down. You're a good guy once you get past all the douche-iness. You've also got money, that's like every girls dream." I said turning the TV on.

"Why don't you get a boyfriend? You're a successful, independent, intelligent, gorgeous black woman. What more can a guy ask for?" I ignored his comments with a scoff.

"Commitment, that's what I won't give them. I haven't found anyone that's worth it yet." I shrugged. My phone rang and I answered it.

"Hello mother." I said with a flat tone while putting her on speaker phone.

"Hello my wonderful, amazing, yet single daughter. You know your sister's wedding is in a couple weeks. When are you flying out?"

"On Friday." I said in boredom.

"Oh great and I assume you're bringing a date. A nice handsome man?"

"N-"

"Jeez, do you always have to be so uptight, I want you to bring a man home, to show you're not a disappointment to the family name." I groaned.

"Mom I'm n-"

"Hello Ms.Woods. I'm Ryan. I will be accompanying Malorie on her trip to your daughters wedding." Ryan said snatching my phone.

"Oh how great. I can't wait. I have to tell everyone. Hunny! Malorie is bringing a man home!" Then phone cut off. I looked at the pleased Ryan with such hatred I almost cried.