10

So here we were sitting in a fancy restaurant, I was feeling a bit embarrassed about my whole temper tantrum. But new feelings had uncovered themselves.

"You look beautiful tonight." I smiled.

"Thank you. I tried to cover my puffy eyes."

"You're beautiful even when you're crying." I chuckled awkwardly.

"I don't think so but okay." I shrugged suddenly becoming interested in the menu.

"So what are you getting?" He asked.

"Maybe the seafood Alfredo?" I needed carbs to feel better. "So have you found anyone you're interested in since you've been down here?" He choked on his water before looking at me.

"Why would you ask that? I'm pretending to be with you. Of course not looking for anyone else."

"Well you never know, you could find your soulmate while you're down here." He stared at me as a smile grew on his face, then he chuckled.

Ryan

This, bright minded smart woman sitting in front of my didn't know that I was deeply in love with her. How could the smartest woman I know be so, gullible, and no offense but so dumb.

"What are you laughing for?"

"No reason Malorie. I think I'm going to get what you're getting." I decided to flag the waitress down. I didn't know how I became so invested into Malorie but it just happened. I didn't mind of course I was in love with Malorie. Even when she had her break down moments it only made me love her more. If you told me two years ago that I would fall in love with the girl next door. I would've laughed, but probably believed you.

"Ryan, are you going to tell her what you want?"

"Can I get the seafood Alfredo?" I asked.

"As for drinks?" She asked.

"Wine?" I asked Malorie.

"Sure."

"The best wine you have." She nodded and collected our menus.

"What were you thinking about?"

"A business meeting I have tomorrow." I said coming up with something on the spot. I was feeling a bit nervous because I knew Malorie could see through me.

"Mhm, Can I go?" I shrugged. I did actually have a business meeting tomorrow but as you know I wasn't actually thinking about that.

"Of course. So have you found anyone while you are here?" She laughed.

"I actually have." I was instantly jealous and was clenching my jaw. "I'm kidding Ryan, breathe, you look like you're about to take a major shit." I could feel my face turn red with embarrassment.

"Im okay." I brushed it off.

"Yeah okay, it looked like you were going to kill everyone in here." I would do it for you.

                                           ~*~
Sasha

I drank another glass of wine as I looked through some documents.

"Sasha?" I heard Calum call out. Shocked I dropped the glass I was holding on the floor. I watched as it broke Into thousands of pieces. Just then Calum entered the room.

"Hello Calum." I gritted. I got up carefully and got a broom.

"Sasha. You know why I'm here." He said. I rolled my eyes. "You can't continue to go up to women ask ask if they're your daughter. One day someone is going to sue you."

"So what? What else do I have to lose?" I asked brushing the glass into the collector. "I lost my child I lost my husband, my business is failing. At this point I don't care about anything else. Don't you have a girlfriend to go kiss or whatever?" I asked putting the glass shards into the trash can.

"Sasha. That was my business associate, not my girlfriend, nothing happened." I was referencing to the magazine cover bolded with him kissing some woman. I didn't care anymore.

"Well you could've fooled me." I said rolling my eyes. "Lock the door on your way out." I sighed taking the wine bottle up to my room.

"Sasha you don't get to walk away from me." I chuckled.

"Here's me, walking away." I said tiptoeing, the wine was starting to settle in. Of course I divorced Calum, on the inside I couldn't let him deal with me through what I had experienced.

"She was my daughter too!" He shouted. "You're being selfish, you're acting like you're the only person who lost something through this." I turned around and walked towards him. "I lost my daughter, my sanity, for God's sake I lost you, you divorced me, do you know how much that hurt?" His eyes were watering and I broke down. I had to fix this. It had been too long.