2. - did it hurt?

Once again Crowley was sitting in his favourite gay bar, sipping his red wine, watching these stupidly irresponsible humans. He loved it. The demon came here very often to spend most of his evenings there. Occasionally young lads would come around and use cheap pick up lines in order to make him sleep with them. Most times they wouldn't even need them, as long as the guy looked good enough, he would sleep with them. He never felt ashamed of being the whore he was. He liked it. In this specific night though, something unexpected happened. A guy, around mid-twenty, dangerously handsome was making his way over to the demonic being with a smirk plastered on his face and Crowley was getting ready for another cheap pick up line. "Did it hurt?", the young man asked. "What? Did what hurt?", the demon questioned confused. "Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?", the other one replied with a seductive smile. Crowley froze dead in his tracks. Images flashed before he eyes and before he could think about an answer he stood up and stuttered an excuse before stumbling out the club.

Once the demon arrived at his flat and closed the door behind him, he completely broke down. A vulcano inside his head broke out, making burning memories flow through his mind. The heaven was parted into two parts. The once who blindely accepted gods ineffable plan and the once who started asking questions. Gabriels side and Lucifers side. Crowley wished for nothing more than to be on the good side, but there were way too many doubts planted deep deep inside his mind. There was a fight between the two groups, though it was more of a war than a fight. The 'good' angels were so many more and the 'bad' ones simply had no chance to win. Painfully slowly Gabriels followers ripped out the angels wings from the other ones, making them scream in unbareable pain. It felt like they shoved knifes into their backs and twisted them around, not even trying to hide how much they enjoyed the other ones cries. Once their wings had been removed, the angels pushed their enemies of the edge of heaven making them fall, fall so deeply, that they wouldn't land until they are all the way down in hell. The fall was the worst and most painfull thing an angel could experience. Liquid fire started making it's way through his veins. The immense pain, not only physicially but also mentally, will not ever be accurately described. The landing, down in hell, felt bone breaking and it was infact. All the bones in his body were breaking and then put together differently, making every gentleness he ever had leave. Down there, in hell, was easily the easiest the worst place to be. People imagine hell  as quite a hot, but it's not. It is dark, cold and bitter down there.

At this point Croley wasn't even trying to stop the tears streaming down his face.  He screamed and punched walls, remembering all the pain he's been through. He hissed and destroyed everything in sight and he would have propably continued forever if he hadn't heard the slight noise of a knock on his flat door. As fast as he could, he wiped away the tears and put on a pair of his shades in order not to let the person at the other side of the door know, he'd been crying. The demon took a deep breath and opened the door. He faced his Aziraphale. "Angel, what are you doing here?", he asked showing a weak sad smile. "I just wanted to bring you your glasses that you forget at mine yesterday, but Dearest please tell me, are you alright?", the shorter one questioned, a worried expression on his face. "Yeah! Why wouldn't I be?", the snake alike answered suspiciously quick. "Your flat is completely trashed, your shirt is completely soaked, propably from tears, since you have tearstains on your cheek. Now my dear, let's drink a cup of coffe and you tell me what happened alright?", Aziraphale stated firmly but with a soft and reassuring tone in his voice. " I- I'd actually rather not talk about it...", Crowley muttered, his voice slightly trembling from crying and led the angel to his couch. The other one answered with a small smile "That is alright dear." As the two sat down together the angel slowly raised his hands, carefully taking of the demons glasses. His eyes were red and puffy, yet still undeniable beautiful. Aziraphale smiled weakly at his friend and before he could speak Crowley sighed "I'm sorry Angel, I didn't mean to let you see me so exploded. I - I thought about the fall..." The angel answered with a small chuckle "Dear Crowley, I've seen you loose your temper before, do not worry." Then he turned serious and worried "As horrible as the fall was, it's part of you. If it wasn't for all the horrible things that had happened to you,  you wouldn't be able to appreciate the truly good things-", he wanted to continue but was interrupted by his friend "You, for example." A blush made its way on the angels face. "Oh I wouldn't say I'm truly good, Dearest.", the short man answered embarrassed. "You are. God, Angel, you are the best thing that ever happened to me.", the demon insisted. Aziraphale smiled, his eyes glowing at the words from the other one. Even Crowley smiled, his cheeks still tear stained, but his smile was honest and his snake eyes full of love. Slowly and without realising the two of them inched closer and closer to one another. And before they knew it, their lips met and moved against each other smootly. Aziraphale hands moved to the other ones cheek, softly brushing away the stains the tears left behind. The demon wrapped his arms around the other one, pulling him as close as possible. Sadly they had to pull away at some point due the lack of air. They rested their foreheads against each other and locked eyes. Crowley broke out in a cheeky grin "I've wanted to do this for so long.", he said. The angel slightly tilted his head in confusion and asked "Wait, how long?" - "Well, about 6000 years.", the demonic being answered truthfully. "6000 years?! We first met 6000 years ago, Crowley - Oh.", Aziraphale said, blushing furiously before continuing "Why did you never let me know, dearest?" The demon raised his eyebrows before stating "Angel, are you really that oblivious? I've been flirting with you for the last 6000 years" The shorter man was obviously confused and suprised by this. "I guess I just didn't notice. You are a demon and I am an Angel. So I suppose I used to see you as a friend and nothing more. ", he said, looking at the floor embarrassed. Crowley flinched away from the other one when he said that and stuttered "Oh uhm I'm sorry then-" but before he could continue the angel interrupted him "Past tense. I used to. God you are so much more, Crowley. You always have been, I just couldn't see it." The demon smiled and was pulled in another kiss. This one was short but filled with so much love and passion that the demon for a second thought he was in heaven again. Once again their foreheads rested on each other, their eyes locked and a small smile on both of their lips. "I love you, dear.", Aziraphale whispered. "I love you too, Angel.", Crowley replied, his eyes so full of love that it made the angels heart skip a beat.