11. - Good Omens Fanfic Week, Day Six

Todays Prompt: mutual pinning

It writes the year 1941 and Crowley and Aziraphale sat next to each other in the demons Bentley and the just referenced asked "Where do you want to go?", his voice, unusually soft and caring.

Just a few minutes earlier the two of them stood in a church, well the Angel was standing, the other one was rather jumping from foot to another. He came to rescue his best friend, because Azi was about to be killed by a bunch of Nazis. Then faling from the heavens a bomb landed on the church and miraculously only the two of them were still alive, unharmed even, but there was a flaw in there plan, the Angel had forgotten to save his beloved and valuable books. He was about to whine about it, as the demon handed him a bag, smiling softly. "A little demonic miracle of my own.", he grinned before adding "Lift home!" Aziraphale looked after him in shock and awe, it was a small gesture, but the fact that Crowley cared enough about him to even safe his books, to even think about it, when even the angel didn't. His cheeks flushed and heart beating fast, he followed his friend and steppe into the Bentley.

"To the bookshop please, dear.", Aziraphale smiled with the bag full of books on his lap. The Bentley started moving. "Don't do that again, that was stupid. Made me worried.", the demon muttered over the quiet queen song playing in the background. The spoken to didn't answer, just looked out the window smiling.

"Wan't me to come with you inside, Angel? I feel like getting ridiculously drunk!", Crowley grinned as he opened the car door on the angels side. "No, I must say I'd rather be alone", Aziraphale answered akwardly. "Oh yeah. Alright Sure. See ya." The demon seemed dissapointed as he got into his car and sped off. The angel walked inside his shop and blindly grabbed one of his favourite books, dropping down on the couch of his backroom. It was stuffed with shelves and books. The short blonde did everything in his power to concentrate on his book but his mind kept wandering and he cought himself of the demons smile and about how his eyes shined. How gentle he was with the angel and hos deep down he truly was a good person, but he also thought about his long gentle fingers between his own, softly brushing his back while walking past him. He thought about his ginger hair, imaging his hands going through it. Thought about all the little things he loved about Crowley. Thought that he loved him and then the realization hit him like a truck. He was in love. With Crowley. A demon. His head started spinning. 'How could this happen?! I'm simply not allowed to have such imitate feelings for a sprouse of hell, we are hereditary enemies! I must not ever tell. Not him, nor anyone else. I would fall and be forbidden to see him again.' the angel thought to himself and decided to keep silent.

Crowley at this point, was long aware of his feelings. Always had been actually. The thing is though, Sprouses of hell, they weren't supposed to love and when they did love it was a corruption, a mistake. Which is why Demon's love was different, more intense. He felt this ache in his chest the second he laid eyes on his angel, he lingered for his attention, for his touch and his love from the first day already, but that wasn't love, because love is something that builds. Crowley, because of that, despised the term 'falling in love', not only because it reminded him of his fall, but also because the term 'rising in love' is a lot more fitting, because everything Aziraphale looks at him, eyes full of trust, he felt like he started to float and when the angel smiled, his eyes crinckling like that, the demon was sure he was back in heaven. It hurt, of course it did, it hurt  knowing that he couldn't have make the Angel his. Unbearable pain sometimes even, but his angel was worth it. Not in his lifetime would he ever say any of these things to the angel, for multiple reasons, first being that he doesn't want him to get into trouble, or worse even, fall. Second, he knew Aziraphale was not interested in him this way and third, also out of his league. So the demon decided to keep silent.

Now it writes the year 2018, Armadidn't happened three months ago and the short angel was currently getting ready for meeting Crowley. After months the image of Crowley in a tanktop an shorts still hasn't left his mind. Technically it was him, but it was the demons body that made him blush like mad atleast once a day. Unheaven like thoughts filling his head again and again. Aziraphale sighed as he fixed his bowtie. It's been months since hell or heaven had bothered them, he thought, considering finally confessing, but the fear of rejection and loosing his best friend was unignorable. He would have worried more about it, if it wasn't for a knock on the door, the bell above it following and the familiar faint scent of evil in his nose. Aziraphale greated his best friend Crowley with a hug, something new for the both of them, but beautiful and safe non the less. "Do you mind staying in today, angel? The Ritz is closed and getting drunk sounds tempting", the demon questioned, putting his glasses asside and opening a bottle of wine.

It didn't take the two of them long to be drunk on a total of 2 and a half bottle of wines. "Yourr so tense, angel dearest, what's wrong?",  the ginger slurred. Aziraphale was very tense in fact, trying not to show any kind of reaction to the demon taking off his jacket and his waistcoat, sitting infront of him in a shirt only. "Nothin's wrng. Perfect actually", He grinned. "You know what's crazy? Heaven and hell, they don't scare me anymore!", he added laughing, Crowley joined the laughter, joking on his wine "So you are basicially fearless, like a worrior! or a shark!", he stated, leaning his head back, exposing more of his neck and collarbones. The other one gulped before answering "not true, there is a thing I fear" - "Oh yeah? What'd that be? You're literally immortal", the demon leaned forward again, his head spinning at the fast motion. "Rejesion. Re- resession- Rejection. That. The last one", Aziraphale poured another two glasses. " You are serious? Who'd reject you, angel you are literlly perfect, who'd ever rejects you must be bloody mental", Crowley answered truthfully. "Crowley, dear, you can't mean that", the angel blushed deeply and almost dropped his glass. "of course I do! There is nothin about you that isn't perfect. Who would ever reject you?", the demon exclaimed. "Would you?", the other one stuttered and slurred. "What? reject you? Fuck no!", he seemed offended even before continuing "God I wish I had the chance to reject you, just to ignore it. You are talking nonsense, love you and all your perfect little imperfections waaay to much to reject you, angel!", Crowley said smiling at his own thoughts.  Aziraphale's glass shaddered on the ground as he started shaking, a deep red blush on his face. The demon looked at the glass confused and then turned his gaze to his friends red face, realizing what he just said. "Angel, I-", he stuttered but was interrupted "Let's... Let's sober up, dear." The two of them winced as the alcohol left their systems. Crowley was sure them sobbering up was a signal for him to dissapear, so he grabbed his clothes, making his way to the door, when Aziraphale wasn't looking, busy cleaning of the shatters on the ground. "Stay.", he said demanding as he noticed his friend fleeing the akward conversation they were about to have. "Please...", he added softly. The upcoming talk, was rather predictable to him, Crowley had said it because he wanted to make the angel feel better. "Don't worry about it, dear. You were drunk, really drunk in fact, it wasn-", the demon interrupted him "I meant it." - "You- You-?", the angel stuttered shocked. "I love  you? For satans sake! Of course I do, Angel!", the ginger hissed under his breath before adding "I should leave now" He turned to the door, but the  other one snapped his fingers and a click noise came from the entrance, symbolizing that it was locked now. "Don't you dare.", he said calmly. He didn't feel calm, not at all actually, his insides felt like they were on fire. With a few quick steps, he stood infront of his best friend. The demon looked... scared. "Crowley... I - I"-, Aziraphale started to stutter but was hushed by a pair of  rough lips on his. He was shocked for a second, but quickly leaned in, kissing back softly. Crowleys body was itching for more, burning even, but he waited 6000 years, he could wait some more for his angel.