𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲: 𝐖𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠

Rose's pov

I held onto Jay's hand tightly climbing down the steep hill that lead to Fairy cottage. The plan was to storm the cottage and corner Audrey allowing Mal to have enough time to use the ember against her and disarm Audrey from the scepter. Jay glanced over his shoulder to look at me and I smiled squeezing his hand in a way of telling him I was okay. He squeezed my hand back and I felt butterflies in my stomach at the simple gesture.

" We're here." Mal whispered and we all ducked behind some trees to keep out of sight.

I turned to Marissa behind me and nodded my head seeing she nodded back with a face determined to get the job done. I turned back around noticing the old fashion cottage up ahead with vines covering the sides and the faint puffs of smoke coming from the chimney.

" Come on, Rose." Jay called quietly pulling me along with him.

Mal pulled on the gate slowly, but despite the effort it still squealed loudly causing us all to cringe hoping Audrey would think it was just the wind. Mal turned to us nodding her head before running straight to the door and kicking it open. I ran with Jay glancing at the living room once before racing up the stairs along side him noticing the beds were still made and no evil ex-girlfriend.

" She left ?" I questioned noticing Jay nodded placing his hand on the small of my back leaving the room.

Everyone turned to us wondering if we had the girl herself, but we shook our heads. The door behind Ben and Mal started to rumble causing us all to jump. He opened it quickly to the sight of Chad curled in a ball trembling.

" Chad ?"  I questioned

" I want my mommy." He replied, and when Ben went to go help him up, he backed away with fear in his eyes." No!"

" It's okay," Ben promised, slowly helping him up seeing him the dazed look in his eyes." What happened, buddy?"

" Ben? Ben!" Chad yelled, finally realizing the people around him." Your face. She's gone? Huh? The door is open. I'm free. Freedom! Oh!" Chad screamed, racing pass us all and out the door in a blur.

" And he claims to be the bravest." I muttered hearing Harry laughed loudly at Chad's antics.

I felt Jay grab my hand and placed my other hand on his arm heading out of the cottage to do god knows what.

" Ooh. All right." Uma laughed." Let's get this Audrey chick taken care of already. What do you say, girls? Time to wrap things up?"

" You know, someday, you're gonna have to tell me how you guys all got teamed up." Ben spoke placing his arm around Mal.

" Actually, Mal promised to let all the kids off the Isle once this is over," Evie explained smiling over to Marissa and Celia.

" I have to tell you guys something." Mal interrupted." I lied to you. The kids won't be coming off the Isle."

My eyes widened and my blood ran cold, " What do you mean ?" I gasped.

" The program is shut down." Ben spoke." And the barrier...will be closed for good. For Auradon's safety."

" What about Marissa ?" I angrily asked." Mal, she can't go back ! She has no one !"