Learn to Love Again

"Is that everything?" Betty asked her mother as she finished folding away her few items of clothing into her overnight bag.

Alice had spent the last 3 days in hospital recovering from the incident that had taken place at the farm she had been infiltrating.

The last thing she remembered was Polly rumbling her act and immediately telling all to Edgar before he attacked her and left her for dead.

She figured Charles had realised she wasn't responding to any of his calls and managed to track her down and finish the infiltration once and for all.

Bringing her hand down from her face, she folded her arms across her chest and tightened herself up.

"Yes- yes I believe so." She answered as she tucked a piece of hair behind her ear.

"Mr Jones should be here soon. He would've got here earlier but there was some incident at Jellybeans school. He had to pick her up immediately." Betty explained

"Right." Alice muttered as she glared out of the hospital window. FP was honestly the last thing on her mind right now.

She hadn't thought about him, outside of anger, since he had chosen Gladys over her in the most callous way.

Of course she couldn't knock him for wanting the best for his kids and wanting to make up for his poor parenting in the past but the way she saw it, he could've done it without treating her like some cheap one night stand that meant nothing to him.

"Charles is back at home too. I managed to persuade him to take the day off to welcome you home properly." Betty explained excitedly.

During the weeks of her mother's absence she had developed a bond with her long lost brother, which shocked her even seeing as after Chic she had remained a little apprehensive to the existence of her brother and promised herself if he miraculously turned out to be alive, she'd keep him at arms length to avoid going through that again.

Alice smiled. It was amazing hearing Betty talk about Charles so positively and as if the two had know each other their whole lives.

"Uhm, honey, about that...." Alice began as she turned around on the bed. She gestured for Betty to come and sit opposite her and she did.

The teen sat up and crossed her legs, facing her mother. Alice took hold of Betty's hands, knowing that what she was about to say would possibly result in a screaming match.

Betty laid her hand upon her mothers and looked at her worriedly. She had been given that look enough times to know bad news was soon to follow.

"What's wrong Mom?"

Alice took a deep breath before continuing. "I've been thinking about this a lot and, I think it's best for us to move."

Betty released a breath she didn't realise she was holding and loosened up a little, showing a sign of relief, which confused Alice.

"Well obviously we've gotta move soon Mom, we can't stay with the Jones' forever. There's not enough space for us, Charles, the twins and Polly, when she eventually gets out. Hopefully soon. Perhaps one of those luxury condos on the East side of town?"

"No- No Elizabeth. I mean, move away. From Riverdale." Alice revealed. Dropping that bombshell turned out to be more difficult that she thought, especially as she saw Betty's face completely drop at the mention of leaving Riverdale.

"But why?" Betty questioned

"Why not?"

"Because, Riverdale is my home, our home. My whole life is here, my school, my friends. What's brought this on?" Betty questioned, genuinely confused. Her mother wanting to leave Riverdale was certainly a shock to her