Knocked Up XI

Having FP around and present in Charlie's life proved to not only be practical but fulfilling too, not only because Charlie was getting f to know his father and enjoying spending f time with him, but with her parenting schedule now essentially sliced in half, she could spend some time focusing on herself and doing all the things she couldn't with a four year old to take care of all on her own.

Calming bubble baths were just one of the ways in which she liked to unwind, and with a stressful semester soon coming to an end, she was taking full advantage of the peace and quiet, until the phone in the living room began to ring.

Releasing a frustrated sigh as she lifted her head off the edge of the tub, she clutched the metal rails for support and pulled herself out of the bubble filled water. Grabbing her blue silk robe off of the door, she slid her droplet covered arms through and placed it on, pulling her soaked hair out of the collar and tying it around her waist.

She wasn't exactly popular in town, so regular phone calls weren't expected, the only time they were, they were important.

"Hello?" She greeted softly into the device as she held it to her ear.

As she clutched on to her robe tie and listened intently to the speaker on the other line, a mildly hyperactive Charlie came barrelling through the front door and into the living room, circling his way around the dinner table before FP followed soon after.

"Mommy!" The little boy chirped louder then usual with a cheeky grin on his face. He rushed over to her with arms wide open and tightly wrapped them around her legs.

"Hi baby." She greeted in whisper as she ran her hands through his hair.

"Buddy, Mommy's on the phone, okay?" FP quietly reminded him as he crouched down to the four year olds level, beginning to slowly pull him away so he wouldn't disturb her. "So we gotta be quiet."

The tot slouched a little in mild embarrassment, pouting his lip out as he averted his gaze to the ground. "Sorry." He mumbled out.

"It's okay." She spoke in a low voice before turning around to focus on the phone. "And that's 100% accurate?"

The uncertainty in Alice's question caught FP's attention instantly. He listened intently as he left Charlie sat at the table and carefully approached her.

"Okay. Thank you." Alice finished in her soft and meek voice, sounding a little breathless as she placed the phone down onto the hook.

"Who was that?" FP wondered as he approached her. Coming face to face with her finally since he had walked through her front door, the look of uncertainty that graced her beautiful face had already reeled him in.

"It was my advisor." Alice answered softly. "They said I have enough credits to graduate."

"What?" FP responded with a glimmer of a excitement in his chestnut brown orbs as he subconsciously wrapped his arms around her waist.

"I'm graduating." Alice gasped in disbelief as her lips curled into a wide grin and her eyes began to glisten with tears of joy. "I'm actually gonna graduate." She repeated once more in a state of high emotion.

Before she knew it, FP was pulling her tightly into his chest and clasping his arms around her as he lifted her off the ground and gleefully spun her around in the spot, overly ecstatic for her and practically cheering.

She clutched her arms around his neck and happily embraced it, not caring about the unexpected reaction from him. All that ran through her mind was the fact that everything she worked hard for and sacrificed over the past four years was worth it.

Their celebration, cheers and laughter slowly subsided as they slowed themselves down, still feeling a sense of victory and triumph either way as FP placed her back on the ground.

Alice gazed up at his softened face through her long lashes, a wave of warmth and what she denied as complete lust surging through her as she fixated her eyes on his mesmerising chocolate brown eyes and inviting smile, still holding onto his broadened shoulders.

FP got lost in her deep sapphire blues, just like he always had, ever since they were teens. It almost felt like the time hasn't passed. He couldn't help but acknowledge her wet rising and exposed chest in her robe as his grip remained on her small frame. "I'm really happy for you. You deserve it, you deserve everything." He finally croaked tenderly without taking his eyes off of her.

FP tenderly brushed a strand of her hair out of her face, tucking it behind her ear and tracing his fingers over her rosy red cheek as she gulped before feeling a tug on his jacket.

"Can we go to the park now?" Charlie innocently asked, looking up at his no longer distracted parents as they immediately separated themselves upon hearing his voice.

"Y-yeah, of course." FP stammered breathlessly, taking his calloused hands and running them through his hair. "You wanna bring your soccer ball?"

Little Charlie didn't need to be asked twice. He nodded enthusiastically before running off to his bedroom, returning soon after with the ball in hand.

"Mommy, you come too!" Charlie pleaded as he took a hold of her hand.

"Well I don't know baby, today was about you and Daddy having the day to yourselves." Alice reminded the toddler as she ran her hands through his hair.

"I don't mind sharing." FP interrupted. He didn't want to make it obvious but he really wanted her to come with them.

Alice's focus shifted towards FP, who was still smiling softly in her direction. Initially she didn't want to intrude on their day, but if it's what the two of them wanted then so be it.

"Okay, I guess I'll get dressed then."