Knocked Up V

He didn't really think much about where he was going as he staggered through the mild sleeting weather with the cold air and rain droplets hitting his face. He had certainly not missed this weather.

It had hit him that he had a son, a child, a small version of himself, his flesh and blood running around in the world but it had yet to sink in, along with the feeling of Alice keeping it from him all these years.

Moving further along through the disastrous weather he came across his favourite past time right there in bright red and pink neon lighting, Pops diner. Suddenly having a desperate craving for onion rings and a need to clear his head, he made a beeline for the entrance.

Walking into the restaurant, it didn't feel like he had been gone for four years, everything still felt familiar to him, the calming and friendly atmosphere, the jukebox playing softly, the smiling waitresses and waiters manoeuvring around, the smell of coffee and the most marvellous meals they had to offer, it truly felt like home, and as if he had never left.

He set his eyes upon the front counter, walking up towards it and comfortably taking a seat directly staring into the kitchen.

One of the waitresses came out from around the corner and approached him with a bright smile on her face, wanting to keep up the service with a smile.

"Hello. Welcome to Pops diner." She greeted as she stretched her hands along the counter top. "What can I get you?"

"Just a coffee, please." He grouched a little before watching her turn around and prepare his order.

He took in his surroundings, staring blankly around at the mildly busy diner. He had made a lot of memories here growing up, from the birthday parties to causal meals, to the dates. It was crazy how much time had flown by.

"Well look at what the wind blew in." A cheeky but familiar voice said from behind.

He pulled an amused grin, knowing who that in a famous voice was and turned around slowly to find Fred Andrews stood there in the flesh.

"You son of a bitch." He mused as he stood up from the chair, walking over towards his beloved friend with open arms, warmly bringing him into a hug and Fred embracing it before they slowly released each other.

They hadn't seen each other in four years. The bulk of their contact included letters and a phone call every few months at most.

"When'd you get back?" Fred questioned.

"This afternoon. Had one heck of a journey." He exasperates as he stretches a little. Not only had the journey been hell but it took a toll on his joints, being in a cramps space in the same position for hours.

They slowly made their way back to the seats at the counter, Fred sitting on the right side of him.

The mousey haired waitress that had approached FP returned with his order of coffee, placing the mug and saucer in front of the two men and pouring the hot brown liquid into the cup. Fred took the opportunity to get his order in.

"Could I have a double cheeseburger to go please?"

"Of course." The waitress chirped before returning to the kitchen.

Leaning over the counter with a smirk painted across his face, he turned back towards FP, who seemed to be quite fixated on his coffee but sensing something was plaguing his old fellow.

"So, how have you been?" He questioned patting a hand softly on his back.

The dark haired former serpent slouched in his seat, his leather clad arms rested upon the counter as he tapped the edge of his mug with his finger.