twenty five- Adam

I couldn't take more than a day off, and regretfully had to end things even when I would've liked the fun to last longer. I was enjoying the new persona my slave had fostered, the passive aggressive nature that I didn't know he harboured. He clearly noticed my kindled interest, and took it upon himself to keep it up, holding my car keys within my reach, but not quite. "I can drive us, Sir, if you'd like."

I nodded, going to the passenger's seat, "I'd like. Go on."

He did, going to sit in the driver's seat, he set the GPS to backtrack, and take us back home, but I stopped him with a hand in his arm. "We have somewhere to be before that."

I keyed in the location, and he drove out of the driving lot. "Where are we going, Sir?"

I had turned my phone on, checking for emails as I contemplated answering him. "This visit has become unavoidable after that stunt you pulled, setting the house in chaos and waking me up in the middle of the night. I never asked you, though, what has happened, did I?"

Something I didn't recognize creeped into his voice, "I thought I was punished for that already, Master."

"You still haven't told me what went down," I said.

"He provoked me, and I answered with violence. I shouldn't have, I'm sorry, Sir. It isn't going to happen again."

As he said it, I could hear it in his voice that he himself wasn't convinced of what he was saying. Only words were coming out of of his mouth, with no real meaning behind them, he was saying what he thought I wanted to hear. "What did he say, exactly?"

"Nothing new," he dodged the question, "these things happen all the time, rivalry among slaves that serve the same Master."

I didn't enjoy being strung along. "So far, your boldness have been a welcome change that intrigued me. But make no mistake, boy, you're walking a very dangerous line, don't go rogue, don't cross it."

He turned to me, the road momentarily forgotten before he straightened up. "I'm sorry, Sir. I apologize. I didn't mean no disrespect. I didn't want to stir trouble, is all."

"What did he say to you?" I repeated the question.

"It was never what he said, Sir."

He was silent long enough for me to issue a threat, but I waited a tad bit longer, and he delivered, "It was what you said."

I was confused, and I didn't mask it, what was he talking about. What did I say?

"I was just sent away, Sir, and I was jealous of who you chose to take my place, the slaves in the dorms were speaking so highly of him, and so I attacked them."

"This whole charade you pulled, was because of jealousy? They weren't even talking to you."

"They were, Sir. It's just that what they were saying about me didn't matter, it was because of what they said about that other boy."

I shook my head, ready to voice my confusion again, but at this point, it no longer mattered, I've already had planes to make sure it never happens again.

"I shouldn't have," he said quickly, "there's no excuse, it won't happen again. I've learnt my lesson the hard way."

"It won't happen again alright," I confirmed, "But not because you've learnt your lesson the hard way."

"Sir?" he asked, as if just realizing where he was driving us to. "Where are we going?"

He was worried, I could tell that he was. But I didn't reply, he could simmer long enough for me to enjoy his apprehension, and take it into stride.

His next words, however, took me by surprise. "I thought you liked me enough to keep me, Sir. You enjoyed my company in this trip, you had Rhys train me, wouldn't you want a return on your investment?"

I realized then he thought I was selling him, I didn't discourage the idea, it brought a rush of power that I welcomed. "That's one interesting way to put it."

"He trained me to your specification. I was brought to you according to your specification. I can take more than any of those others you keep, none of them could last as long as I could."

"Something I never signed for."

The GPS voice announced that we are getting closer to our destination, two more minutes to go them take a left, it said.

My slave held on to the steering wheel, his knuckles whitening. "Please don't, Sir. Please. You haven't seen my full potential yet, you're not around long enough to see, if you'd only give me a chance to prove my worth to you."

"Take a left," I said, "And if you leave a mark on my steering wheel, I'll take it out on your hide."

His hand let go of it, only for a second, before he did what he was told, a tear sliding down his face to land on his green shirt.

Don't forget the hit the vote button. Means a great deal to me.