twenty nine- Dante

I was just about to throw up when the mad scientist finally released me. He'd cut to his heart's desire, with my Master standing just to the side and.out of the way, watching. I probably deserved that. If I had accepted my fate with no protest. If I had laid down when he said I should. If I hadn't jumped off. Perhaps if I hadn't done all these things, he wouldn't be looking at me with the distance I see in his eyes.

"The incisions all are no more than five centimeters long," he said, "and with the rate he's healing at, I'm sure he'd be fine by the end of the day."

Mad Scientist's white coat had spots of red, I realized it was all mine. My blood.

I was drowsy, my head heavy. And knowing they were done, I struggled to get up in my sluggish state. I could hardly keep my eyes open. And so he carried me, after he said goodbyes and declined the man's offer to have his slave do the heavy labor.

Despite everything, it still felt good to be this close to him, and he was gentle as he sat me in the backseat, ordering me to lay down. I'd behaved terribly, projected an image that would probably reflect badly on him, and I expect a punishment. One, I hoped, would be delivered by his hand, instead of my handler.

I don't know what happened next, as I dozed off the whole way back. And was only woken up by soft hands on my back, and behind my knees. His long hair nuzzled my face as he carried me inside, except that it wasn't his hair, the locks were blue.

Rhys put me back in my cage with a pillow, this time. And I fell into a dream-less sleep. And this time, was woken up by Alois's gentle hand on my skin. My wounds have scabbed over, but that didn't seem to deter him
as he was batting them down with gauze. The smell of disinfectants attacked my nose as he got out yet another plaster I didn't need. He noticed my eyes were now open, and motioned for me to come out. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm OK."

"Yeah," He rolled his eyes. "But how are you feeling?"

When I didn't answer, and neither did I move to get out of the cage like he's asked, he said, "I can't reach everything through the bars."

"Where'd you get the key?" I was positive that Rhys had locked me in when he brought me here, even in my drowsy state, I still heard the key in the lock as he turned it. "You shouldn't be here."

"Rhys gave it to me."

Did he, now? It was unlike him to heave me unsupervised with an open door no less. And after the latest infraction, I expected so much more restraint installed. Especially since I've shown no control over my actions. None at all. "I can't come out now, I should be locked up. Probably beaten, too."

"That isn't unusual." Alois mused, still holding the metal door open. "I'd be surprised if you weren't. But you still need to get out from in there, I need to clean you up."

When I remained unmoved, completely ignoring him, he sat back, crossed his legs, and looked as if ready to share his gossip. It's what he did best, gossip and share information I probably don't need, but could use at one point, anyway. So I listened.

"The house is in chaos," he started, "You won't believe what happened."

I waited.

"Wanna guess?" He asked.

"I'd rather you just tell me."

"Well, you know, the guy Master is dating, Japanese model,"

"Master Akira?"

"Yes, him," He nodded. "He stormed out of a photo shoot at the Smith headquarters. He left when all was ready, and threw a tantrum, too."

I thought I knew what this was about. The conversation from the underground cellar coming back to me. He probably found out about Master's upcoming arranged marriage. I could be wrong, maybe it had nothing to do with it. That my owner had an open relationship with his boyfriend, he did sleep with slaves all the time, and Master Akira knew about his harem, so why should this matter. But I was more drawn to the belief that he wasn't informed, and had just found out.

Alois, whispering, continued, "Miss Soraya is all over Master, she's been scolding anyone and everyone. And Master left the house to find him, and hasn't come back yet. It's been hours."

When my silence presumed, he asked. "What do you think is the matter?"

I shook my head.  "I don't know." I wasn't about to reveal what I knew because I was eavesdropping. I barely made it unscathed as it was.

Alois seemed to pause, only for a second, but it was defiantly there. He didn't ask if I was hiding something, though, and instead pondered on, "I've always thought these two were incompatible. They're of completely different character and ideals. I don't even know how they've made it this far. And, well, you haven't heard it from me, but nobody around here think they're good for each other, either. Nobody except Theresa, of course."

Master's sister, the woman who wanted me gone and thought I was a danger to the ones living under this roof. Even when she'd barely even seen me.

Rhys barged in, he smelled of cigarettes and rum, and had a blue bruise underneath his right eye that is prone to becoming a black eye soon. With no warning, his hand closed around my bicep, and he pulled me out unceremoniously. "You're wanted, pretty boy."