~ Prologue ~

Warnings for: Threats of/implied sexual assault

This scene is at the very end and will be in a section encased in tildes (~) if you want to skip it. Summary for section will be at the end of the chapter.

Dashes (-) represent time skips or abrupt changes of setting and/or POV (Point Of View)

Greetings!

This fic is purely for whump/angst, it's not canon in any way.

I just wanted more Deceit angst- where he's the one getting hurt. If you guys want some fics in similar style, I can give you some AO3 recommendations! I got a few saved.. hehe.

Enjoy the read! If you guys enjoy this and want more, vote so I'll see if anyone is actually interested in this! Might inspire me to post a few chapters.. I'm sorry my LATEOL peeps. I swear I had more planned D:

If you didn't see, a more high quality pic of the cover is at the top! It's my art, so don't use it without permission and credit!

Additionally I do this thing where I separate the dialogue and the actions into separate paragraphs, but each dialogue has a certain number of (") and/or (') so you can distinguish between who's speaking. The number may change between scenes, so if you're confused, go ahead and ask!

Word count: 1299

But anyway, stay safe my dudes! ♡

----

All that happened was a flinch.

A flinch, a recoil, and a hitch of breath.

It was hardly noticeable, a subtle occurrence. He had been talking to Deceit and had reached out to flick a pesky bug off the snakes shoulder.

Logan noticed the flinch. He flicked away the insect then resumed the conversation, acting as if he didn't notice anything at all.

But later that evening when Deceit had left to his room, Logan sat down with the other light Sides to talk about it. He had noticed things like this before, and it was too consistent and constant to be ignored for any longer.

Patton wondered if Deceit was ok, and pondered aloud about making cookies for the lying side.

Roman claimed if anyone was bothering Deceit, he'd slay them with his sword.

Virgil seemed super worried for Deceit. He said he'd look into this, and report any findings on Deceits health.

Logan said he'd continue to watch.

That was weeks ago.

Patton had followed through and made cookies for Deceit. Deceit had claimed that he 'didn't like cookies' before grabbing the tray and shutting the door. Patton felt accomplished.

Roman had trained and learned new techniques with his sword in case the need to vanquish a villain arose. He also had some neat brass knuckles made for him. He considered giving them to Deceit to protect himself if he was being harmed.

Virgil reported no new findings, commenting that maybe Logan was wrong.

But Logan did find something.

He had noticed the snake side was a lot quieter since the incident, and he nearly always excused himself from the room when conflict arose, or when Virgil entered. But, then again, Virgil was usually a source of conflict.

Deceit only visited the light side when helping Patton out with or attending some meals- although Logan spotted Deceit exiting Virgils room late one night. Deceit had claimed Virgil stole his stuffed ram 'Scout' and was taking it back. Logan didn't ask.