Chapter 23

A day after, Harry was being released. Since Harry had no one as his legal guardian, and given the fact that he was under the age of eighteen, Louis was asked to sign his release form. Well, all the three men were told about this situation and anyone of them were asked to fill it up, Louis just happened to stand forward within a second, not giving others a chance to volunteer.

After it was all filled, he came back to Harry's room, seeing him sitting on the hospital bed with his shirt and baggy trousers on, that Paul had brought from their home earlier. Zayn was sitting on the chair, as per usual, and talking to Harry, saying something about getting something on the ride home for Harry if he wanted. Louis saw Harry shake his head, keeping his lips closed.

He sighed and entered the room and had Harry glance up at him, that had Zayn turn around and see who came in as well.

"Filled the papers. You're free to go now." Louis said, looking at Harry. Harry just nodded and looked at his lap. Louis took notice but didn't say anything, just suppressed a small frown reaching his own face.

Even though the latest conversation with Louis was rather pleasant, Harry still felt the need to stay quiet in front of him.

"Ready to go?" Zayn asked while getting up from the chair.

"Yeah." Harry said, nodding at him.

Oh sure, talk to him. Louis thought.

Harry pushed himself off of the bed and landed on his feet. Only, his weak legs, not being used for the past two days, couldn't hold his weight properly and he was about stumble down. Zayn quickly grabbed his sides before he could reach the floor.

"Woah. Easy there. You'll need help till the car, huh?" Zayn spoke, having a tight grip around Harry's body while Harry grabbed him with one hand and had the other one grabbing the corner of the bed.

"Y-yeah. I guess." Harry said, shyly.

"Alright." Zayn flung Harry's arm around the back of his neck, holding the hand, and had his own arm around Harry's waist.

Louis was eyeing them, not uttering a word. He knew Harry's legs were weak, it was damn obvious that he wouldn't be able to walk all the way to the car, having or not having Zayn's strong support.

"Come on." Zayn muttered, having Harry's foot take a small step forward before the other. Zayn had to keep his pace slow for the lad.

"I thought you were able to walk now." Zayn said once they were out of the room, Louis following them silently.

"Able to walk, yes. Without support, no. Sorry." Harry chuckled lightly, giving Zayn an apologetic look.

You laugh too, huh? Louis thought again.

Zayn only chuckled back, shaking his head. "Naw man, it's alright."

They made it to the main door, having Harry tugging his arm from behind Zayn's neck.

"Can I-Can I walk on my own? I wanna try."

"You sure?" Zayn raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah. Please?"

"Alright." Zayn carefully let go of Harry, being alert of his actions because he could stumble any second. Louis, after seeing this, had himself prepared too to catch Harry if he tumbles as well.

Surprising everyone, including himself, he walked all the way to Zayn's car, Paul had taken his own car back to their house to have food made before the guys reach.

Harry was really glad, proud even, that he had walked all by himself, even if it meant taking small steps and pauses here and there. But he did. He placed his hand on the car bonnet for support and smiled to himself before turning his head to face the others. Zayn was smiling at him and Louis had some unknown look on his face and had a corner of his lip slightly tugged upwards.