{2} THE WHOLE TRUTH

"Wow."

That was all Deaton could say when he was presented with a young Derek Hale. Isabelle, Lydia, Stiles and Scott had brought him to the vet clinic as soon as they had returned from Mexico.

"Wow?" Stiles repeated. "Wow as in, 'I've seen this before and I know exactly what do do' kind of well? Cause that's the kind of wow were hoping for..."

"I think you might be overestimating my abilities," Deaton looked at him with wide eyes. Isabelle didn't think that was possible; most of the reason they were all still alive was because of the veterinarian in front of them. He was a druid, and he knew all about the supernatural world...just not about Aztec temples and time travel, it appeared.

"He's cold," Lydia observed. Her hand was in Derek's. "Really cold."

"Do you think it's permanent?" Scott asked his boss.

"I'm not sure a medical diagnosis is even adequate," Deaton shook his head, still astonished. "This is well beyond my experience."

"So, what do we do with him?" Stiles said.

"Get him a backpack and bring him with us to school tomorrow?" Isabelle suggested. "Spring break is over; people might just think he's new."

"I hope that was a joke," Lydia looked at the girl.

"It might be best to leave him with me," Deaton said, sending Isabelle an odd look, "he'll be safe here."

"You mean from Kate?" Stiles questioned.

"If she is alive and she's what you say she is, she won't be able to walk past that gate," Deaton said.

"We don't even know what she is," Isabelle pointed out.

"Whatever she is, why would she want to do this to him?" Lydia wondered out loud, her eyes stuck on the young boy in front of her.

"Knowing Kate, it's probably for a reason that won't be any good for anyone but her," Deaton guessed. He glanced over at Isabelle, "My apologies."

"Not necessary," Isabelle shrugged.

"You guys should probably go home," Deaton said after noticing the dark circles under Isabelle's eyelids. "He doesn't look to be in any danger, so maybe the rest of you should get some sleep. It is a school night....and you all need to start taking care of your own lives again."

"Someone should stay with you," Scott said.

"I'll stay." Lydia was the first to speak. "My grades are fine...despite missing a few classes..."

"I'll stay, too," Isabelle offered. Lydia frowned.

"Go home, Iz," she shook her head. "You haven't slept in days."

Isabelle scoffed, about to say that days was an exaggeration, but Lydia cut her off by saying, "And I know that because I live with you, so don't even try denying it."

"I wouldn't be able to sleep knowing you were here, anyway," Isabelle shook her head. Lydia sighed, knowing that the girl's mind was set.

"I guess Iz and I are staying," Lydia told Stiles and Scott. Isabelle smiled.

"No," Stiles argued. "I am not okay with this."

"Go."

"Text us if anything happens," Scott nodded at the girls, then latched on to Stiles's arm and walked out the door.

"Nope, still not okay with it. Not going anywhere," Stiles shook his head, then stumbled as he was dragged away. "Alright, just cause you're stronger..."