{4} ONLY HUMAN

The next morning, Isabelle drifted in and out of sleep, her body not ready to get up and face the new day after yesterday's events. The last moments of the night before were a little fuzzy to her, and she didn't really know where she was at the moment, but she knew she was safe.

"Like I said, I told my dad everything I could." she recognized Stiles's voice, and her mind stayed alert.

"But you didn't tell him about Liam?" Scott whispered.

Liam, her heart ached as she suddenly remembered the missing pieces of last night's puzzle.

Scott had bitten Liam, Sean had been killed by the family-murdering-axe-murderer with no mouth, and Scott and Isabelle had drug Liam's passed out body back down to the hospital. She remembered falling asleep in the two minutes Scott had left to go find his mom...was she still asleep in the hospital?

"You barely told me about Liam," Stiles told Scott. "Or Isabelle! What did you do with them?" They were closer now, as they had just walked into Scott's room. "Oh," Stiles muttered, whispering when he caught sight of the half-asleep girl curled up on Scott's pillow.

"Yeah, she fell asleep and I didn't want to wake her. She just curled up on the corner of my bed like a cat and she looked so innocent..." Scott trailed off, watching Isabelle with the loving expression of a brother.

"Hmm," Stiles mumbled. "Yeah, waking her would definitely ruin that."

Isabelle growled a little, forcing herself to sit up. Both of the boys jumped back as the sweet sleeping girl turned into a tired monster.

"Oh, dear God!" Stiles shrieked. "Okay stay quiet-maybe she'll go back to sleep-"

"Stiles..." Scott shook his head, but Stiles was already moving on.

"Where's the other one?" he asked. Scott froze, eyes going away from Stiles and Isabelle, who frowned at each other in confusion.

"Who? Liam?" Isabelle asked. Stiles nodded his head wildly, and she turned back to see Scott's guilty face. "Scott, where's Liam?" she demanded.

"He's in the bathroom," Scott shrugged, failing at acting natural.

"Doing what?" Stiles raised an eyebrow accusingly.

"...lying down." Scott muttered, glancing nervously at the bathroom door.

Isabelle drug herself to her feet and followed Stiles, who moved to go to Scott's bathroom. As he opened the door, she stuck her head in and gasped.

Liam was tied up in the bathtub, his mouth covered with duct tape. His eyes widened hopefully when he saw Isabelle, and he tried to speak, but it was all muffled.

"Scott!" Isabelle exclaimed, shooting him an accusing glare before approaching Liam with uncertainty.

"So, you bit him." Stiles asked, though he was mostly talking to himself and not expecting a real answer.

"Yeah," Scott confirmed anyway.

"And you kidnapped him."

"...yeah."

"And brought him here?" Stiles sighed.

"I panicked!" Scott defended himself.

As they bickered like old women, Isabelle knelt down beside the bathtub, Liam's eyes never leaving hers.

"Hey," she smiled nervously.

His eyes brightened for a split second, then quickly went back to fear. Isabelle couldn't help but wonder how long an accomplice to a kidnapping would be put in jail.