Chapter 7

y/n pov

The first Quirk Apprehension test was a pitch test, seemed simple enough. The hot head Bakugo went first, and I was very impressed not going to lie. His throw was impressive, but he seemed too angry, he got heated so fast and with a destructive quirk like that he was very unstable. His throw was impressive though, 705.2 meters.

Aizawa then looks back at us and tells us whoever places last after all eight tests would be expelled. I immediately look at Midoriya and saw worry written across his face, him and I both knew he wouldn't be able to use his quirk 8 times, even if I were allowed to heal him. 

I step back and stand next to him and lean over to whisper to him. "Hey, don't sweat it, you'll think of something!"

Bakugo's performance ended up being a demonstration of, as Aizawa put it, "What it really takes to be a hero and pass his class", so we moved into our first test, 50-meter dash. Tenya Iida got first with a time of 3.04 seconds, impressive but his quirk gave him a huge advantage to the rest of us. I finished second with a time of 5.04 seconds with Asui right behind me.

Poor Midoryia was forced to race against Bakugo, and he didn't do that good, 7.08 seconds. I felt bad for him, there was no way he could use his quirk in this test even if he wanted to.

Our next test was to test our grip strength? I'm not sure the purpose of it but we had to squeeze a bar to see how strong we were. Then we had a long jump test, a steep jump test, seated toe touch, long-distance run, sit-up test, and finally the pitching test.

I walk over to Midoriya, "hey, you really got to use your quirk here, you're close to last and if you don't you're going to be expelled." I glance up at me with his famous look of determination and worry in his eyes, " I know, I'm going to give this everything I've got, that will surely get me up from last!"I nod and smile, "you got this!"

"y/n! You're up." I nod and head towards the circle. I was placed 4th overall, which wasn't terrible but not the best either.

My quirk hasn't given me much of an advantage in any of these tests, so I'm lucky my parents knew to have trained to build power if I wanted to do well in tests like these. I toss the ball as high and far as I could, then I fell to the ground and placed both hands on it, building three platforms for the ball to bounce off of before it came to a complete stop.

"Very impressive, 706.3 meters, being the farthest through so far next to Ochaco." I turn back to the group and walk back over to Midoriya. "Nice job y/n! I can't believe you beat Bakugo!"

"Shut up Deku!!" I hear Bakugo yell from the front of the group, I look up at him as he starts screaming, "She only beat me cause she has the pleasure of having a pro hero as a parent!"

That was it! I stomp over to Bakugo and grab his wrist and stand inches from him, even though he was taller than me I could still get in his face. "Don't ever say that my parents are the reason for my ability! They may have given me this quirk but they aren't the reason I'm this strong or here!" I squeeze his wrist tighter and hear a crack.

"What are you doing!" All the sudden I feel a sharp and hot pain on my stomach. I place my hand on my stomach where I was blasted and healed myself before roundhouse kicking him in the stomach, causing him to fall to the ground. I hoped on top of him and help my hand on his face than hear, "Mr. Aizawa aren't you going to stop this!" and hear him grunt.

I grab Bakugos wrist and heal it before getting off him and walking back over to Bakugo and squatting down next to him. " alright, moving on, our last person is Midoriya, whenever you're ready." Midoriya pats my shoulder before making his way to the circle.

He swings back his arm and the red and orange vain like lines appear on his arm, he is going to destroy his arm but at least he'll get a far throw, then, nothing. The lines where gone and his ball barely crossed the third line on the field. I look over at Mr.Aizawa and see his eyes glowing bright red and the rap that once covered a majority of his face were floating around him.

"I erased your quirk. The entrance exam was definitely not rational enough," He looked pissed and was speaking in an even deeper voice, "from what I can tell, you can't control your quirk, can you? Was your plan to destroy your arm and have someone save you just like the entrance exams?"

Midoriya looked terrifies, "Th-that wasn't my intention at all s-" Before he could finish Aizawa's wraps stretched out and grabbed Midoriya, pulling him face to face with the angry teacher. "Izuku Midoriya, it is very clear that you will never be able to become a hero with your quirk." 

Aizawa released Miyoriya and gave him back his quirk, "I'll give you one more chance to throw the ball, hurry up and get it over with." 

Poor Midoriya, I could see the shame and embarrassment from all the way in the back. I couldn't help but feel bad for him, Aizawa was out of line. Midoriya goes to throw the ball again, but this time he concentrated One for All into a single finger when he threw the ball, and boy did the ball fly!

He looked back at Mr.Aizawa and smiled, "Sir, I can still move!" he says while clenching his fist, but I could tell he was still in pain. I look back and see All Might smiling while hiding behind a wall. Then I looked towards Aizawa and saw a shocked smile on his face, proves him right!

While the rest of the shock was distracted by Midoriyas throw I headed towards All Might, "He's smart, concentrating his power into his finger at the last second, I'll give him that. But he still can't use his quirk properly you know."

"Yes, I am aware. He just needs more training that's all." And with that, All Might was gone. I look back to the group and everyone was still focused on Midoriya, except for one person, the mysterious boy from class, he was looking right at me, before turning away when he noticed I noticed him.

~~

Sorry for the long chapter, I'm not really sure how long they should normally be, let me know if they're too long or short, I'm still trying to get used to this whole writing thing!

Just tell me what you think so far!