Chapter 20

y/n pov

I wake up on a hard cold floor. I try to move by fall over in pain. I look at my shoulder and see it's unhealed and muscle is still exposed. I look up and around the darkroom and realize it was a cold, wet, and dark cell. I begin to scream and try to use my quirk but it doesn't work.

I begin to freak out and scream even more and even louder, but I stop when I see a figure enter the cell and walk towards me. The person bends down and is face to face to me and all I see is a hand covered face with beady red eyes staring at me and laughing.

"Look at you, quirkless and can barely move, yet you're still fighting. You can't lie to me, I know you felt the evil too while we were fighting. It was practically bursting out of you," he said in his raspy voice. "You're not the hero you think you are. You're evil. Embrace it."

I feel his hand stroke my face and my heart starts pounding. "N-no. Leave me alone! I'm a hero, I'm not like you!" I shout as I force my face away from his hand. "You say that now, but I will be keeping an eye on you y/n." My eyes widen when I realize he knew my name, but I was snapped out of the cell and my eyes open again, and I was in a hospital?

I shot up from the bed and look around. No one was in the room except Todoroki, All Might, and Midoriya. Todoroki stood next to me with his hand on my shoulder while All Might and Midoriya sat both asleep on the other side of the room.

My heart slows down and I look up at Todoroki. "Wh-what happened?" He takes his hand off my shoulder and settles back down into the chair beside my bed. "Well after you almost destroyed the whole arena while attacking Shigaraki, All Might showed up and I left with you." I lay back down. "What happened with Nomo and Handy, and who is Shigaraki?" I ask.

"Shigaraki is Handy," Todoroki almost laughs, "and you did quite a bit of damage to him. And, amazingly, All Might took out Nomo. He's in police custody right now. And before you ask, everyone is fine. All Might took one hell of a beating though. He'll fill you in on that later though. You need to rest now."

Todoroki brushed my h/c hair out of my face and hums. "Even in a hospital bed, you look good with your hair down. Why do you always wear it up?" I lay down and turn to lay on my side and face him. "My parents," I say, "they say it's a distraction and like me to wear it up."

I look into his eyes and he looks back into mine. "I want to apologize for what I said the day we trained together. I shouldn't have assumed you had a good relationship with your parents." I reach out and grab his hand. "It's okay," I say, "I assumed too. I guess we're just gonna have to hang out more." I giggle quietly and he smirks.

"Alright y/n, you should really rest. Get some sleep, I'll be back later tonight." He stands up and kisses my forehead before heading out the door. I roll over onto my back and close my eyes. but I can't get the voice of Handy and what he said to me in the dream.

It felt so real, and he was right. I did fell what he felt when I was attacking him, and I was ashamed, and never wanted to feel it again. What if Todoroki knew, he would hate me so much. I feel tears rolling down my face as I drift off into a deep sleep

Time skip

I wake up to All Might sitting next to the bed. "Nice to see you're finally awake, that fight must have really pushed you." I smile and nod, "How are you?" I ask as I slowly sit up. "I'm fine, it was a tough fight but everyone made it out okay."

"Even Aizawa and thirteen. They both seemed to be in rough shape." All Mights but then his mood changes. "We need to talk about Shigaraki and the League of Villians. They are going ot strike again, and their target won't just be me, it's going to be you too." My eyes widen and my heart pounds as Shigaraki's face and scratchy voiced flashed in my head.

All Might noticed and grabbed my hand. "I made the mistake of saying your name, they know who you are now. I want you to be ready because they could attack at any minute." I nod again, "I'm sorry you were put in this position y/n. I should have been there for you and the others." I shake my head.

"There was no way you could have known this was going to happen. You can't blame yourself. Everyone made it out okay! So there's nothing to be worried about." I smile to convince All Might that I was alright.

"Anyway, I should get home, school tomorrow!" I hop out of bed and grab my stuff. I look back and see All Might giving me a skeptical look. "I'm okay! I promise!" I smile one last time before running out of the building.