Chapter 14

y/n pov

Todorokis attacks were all the same in a way. He keeps his opponents at a distance, using his ice to keep them back and attack, but when it comes to close combat he struggles, other thinks and stumbles. I keep destroying the large ice he was sending at me with ease.

When I got close enough I grabbed his left side and cracked his wrist. I could tell it hurt but I didn't heal it. I jumped back and watched as he held his wrist and regained his composure, then got back into a fighting stance. I placed my hands on the ground and created a tall platform. I used the height as an advantage and manipulated the ground below. 

I grew large spikes around him like a cage  and trapped him, "I win." I yell to him as he tries to destroy the spikes but failed every time.  I hear him sign and begin to rebuild the area back to its original form.

Once everything was back to normal I walked up to Todoroki and grabbed his wrist, healing the bones I cracked. "I thought we were training together not fighting?" I ask while sitting next to him. "It was interesting though, I didn't know you could heal and build too"

I nod. "I'm the perfect combination of my mothers healing and repairing abilities and my father's destructive abilities. My fathers sister likes to tell me that I got lucky with my quirk, saying that I- came out so perfect quirk wise they didn't even think about having any other kids. They had what they wanted, my quirk." I look up and see Todoroki starring at me, "S-sorry I talk a lot, you didn't need to know all that." I let out a nervous laugh and change the subject.

"What about you? Do you have any siblings" I lay down flat and listen. "Yeah, two older brothers and an older sister." He states bluntly. "Lucky, it must be nice to have a big family." He nods and asks, "do you have any cousins? they're basically siblings you don't live with." I shake my head and explain, "My mom was an only child like me and my father family doesn't talk to us."

"Why?" I sit up, close my eyes, and take a deep breath. "My dads' quirk caused them a lot of pain when he was younger so they kicked him out. then when he married my mom they completely cut him out other than my aunt. Why are you asking so many questions about my family? You're not a fan trying to write some juicy gossip about my family, are you?" I question. He shakes his head no but says nothing.

we sit there a little longer until I hear the back door open and see my parents walking onto the small porch. "Y/n what on earth are you doing?" I stand, walk over to them, and bow. "Good afternoon mother, father. Todoroki and I just finished training and where relaxing. How was your meeting?" I ask hoping they won't ask about Todoroki.

"The meeting went quite well, we have a plan for you." My father says while looking past me to Todoroki, "Isn't that Enji Todoroki's son?" He asked, and I nod, "Yes, we were partners for class training and we decided to get together and train a little outside of class."

My father nods, "Keep an eye on him y/n. His father is Endeavor. If anyone is going ot place higher than you, it's going to be him." I nod at my mothers' warning and make my way back to Todoroki, who was now standing, facing my direction. "Sorry, I thought they would be gone longer," I say.

"It's fine, I don't mind. Wanna keep going?" I nod and get into fighting stance again. "No quirks, just hand to hand." I nod once again and wait for him to make the first move, which he does. He runs at me. He swings at my face and I duck down and swipe to hit his legs but he dodges it and grabs the back of my shirt and pulls me back onto my butt.

He used this opportunity to swing at me again aiming straight to my face. I dodge by laying flat and flipping back to my feet and face him, using my forearm to block another punch and swung at his gut, landing the first hit. He grunts but reaches and grabs my neck. I struggle and kick him in the chest, causing him to release his grasp and allowing me enough time to flip behind him and kick his legs out from under him. I scrabble him in his waist and hold him down by his neck. "y/n two, Todoroki zero." I say while I lean in and tap his nose before hopping off him and helping pull him off the ground.

"Impressive, but it won't happen again he says while punching me in the shoulder. I laugh and walk toward the house. "whatever you say!" I laugh while he jogs up next to me. I hear him sigh as we make our way inside. I notice no one was around. My father must be in his study working with my Mother.

"Wanna grab a smoothy or something?" I ask and he nods. "Smoothies it is then!" I say as we head out towards the closest cafe.