#chap7 #chroniclesoflife #Sagas_by_Irvika #sweetlovestory

Mrs Shah was still having a mindset, that Atharva can wait and meet up with a few more girls; doesn’t have to go ahead necessarily with Shruti. They were still discussing about it when Atharva came out in the living room. He overheard his mom and immediately interrupted….

To be continued…

Vermas and Parmars were discussing about the evening on their way back. They were all generally teasing Shruti about the length of their meet.
Rohan very slyly said, “I had warned you all priorly itself, that this chatterbox will eat up the poor guy’s head, but you all didn’t pay heed. Shruti, what the hell were you both talking about for so long?!”
Before she could open her mouth, he interrupted her, “Oh wait! Wrong question... Atharva must have not been given an opportunity to utter a word… so what were you blabbering about?”

Shruti just lost her cool and retorted, “Please mumma, isko koi aur mila nahi kya subah se? Kitna torture kar raha hai. Tell me one thing, when will you portray me in a good light? All the time you keep abusing me.”
Rohan reverted, “Hey hold on! Shall fulfil your wish, humse peechha chhudaane ke liye toh definitely I will shower you with praise in front of Shah family; baaki unka naseeb.”

Shruti couldn’t tolerate him anymore and whacked him on his back. Their mom had to become the referee and said, “Enough both of you; you two are never gonna change!”
Mrs Parmar shook her head and said, “Dekhna bhabhi, when Shruti gets married na, he will only cry the most.”
Rohan was ready with a witty answer. He replied, “Yes of course bua, I shall cry buckets, they will be tears of happiness, of disbelief that finally Vermas will be free from her.”

Shruti pointed a finger at him and said, “That’s it Rohan! Better not test my patience, or else….” Mrs Jyoti interrupted and rebuked both of them to stop their argument.

They had reached the Hotel Orchids, where they had planned to have their dinner. Mr Parmar handed over the car to the valet and they all went inside and seated themselves. It was one of Shruti’s favourite joints as she just loved the food and ambience here. During the dinner, everyone was having light talk.

Nainaa called up on Mr Verma’s mobile. “Hello beta.. how are you.. ya ya I know you must be anxious to know. Yes, the meeting went well. Atharva seems to be a decent boy and the family was also quite courteous… yes, I will definitely call you up once I get a reply, hopefully by tomorrow. How’s your mother in law?…. Good to hear that she is recovering.. Has Abhinav come back from office?... no beta, no problem, will talk to him tomorrow … Ok beta… will call you later. Bye…”

He looked at Shruti and said, “Do call up Nainaa once we reach home.”
Rohan immediately quipped,  “Yes of course! Please provide her all the juicy details regarding the meet.” Shruti glared at him. “OKay okay chill… khaane de Shanti se… you can gossip all you want, I don’t care.”
Shruti just refused to reply him, avoiding another heated argument. The food was scrumptious and she relished her meal.

A lovely peppy song was playing in the restaurant, from the movie Taxi no. 9211, ‘Ek nazar me bhi pyaar hota hai.. Maine sunaa hai… do baton me bhi ikraar hota hai.. Maine sunaa hai…”

She was anyways in love with this song, for its music and lyrics. But that day, it held a completely different meaning for her. It described her rendezvous with Atharva so aptly. She had goosebumps, pondering over their conversation, the eye to eye contact conveying much more than they had wanted to.  She was feeling very apprehensive though… what if it doesn’t work out? Was she expecting too much? After all, they had met just once. She couldn’t have been that wrong in judging his feelings, or had she misconstrued? She knew her instincts were right, but then may be she was influenced by her sixth sense and her belief that everything will work out for the best. Logically, they were complete strangers for each other. But then, she thought, ‘pyaar me logic nahi chalta’ and immediately reprimanded herself. Gosh! She was behaving like an adolescent teenager, falling hard for the first handsome Prince Charming who came her way. She tried to divert her mind, but failed miserably.