#chap57 #chroniclesoflife #Sagas_by_Irvika #sweetlovestory

Their bodies were soaked in perspiration, as they lay motionless for a while, exhausted with the recent upheaval that they had gone through. Shruti ran her fingers through his hair, caressing him when he looked at her and questioned with a concerned voice, “Are you alright?” She smiled lovingly at him, “More than alright. Thanks a ton Atharva for being so caring.” She kissed him very tenderly and mumbled, “I had a lot of apprehensions, but you tackled it so well. I know you don’t voice out often, but I am touched. Love you.”
Atharva snuggled and responded, “Love you too. Your happiness is my only priority.”

They both lay pent up, in each others’ arms, drifting away to a blissful sleep, celebrating their togetherness, spending a night which will be forever etched in their memories, a night that seemed infinite in it’s innumerable dimensions. It was as if their souls had traveled a distance of thousand miles, undergoing a metamorphosis, which had changed their lives in every way possible.

To be continued….

The newly wedded couple drifted into a blissful slumber, cuddled in each other’s arms. A feeling of contentment washed over them as they had finally got their wish true.

It was around 9 in the morning that Shruti stirred in her sleep. She was still groggy and felt weird, a little sore for some reason. As soon as she opened her eyes, it all came back to her. She felt a transformation in herself, which made her feel as if the Shruti till the day before wasn’t the same anymore. She blushed as Atharva unknowingly snaked his arm around her waist, barring her from getting up. She lay there for a while reminiscing all that had happened the previous night. She turned towards him and gazed at his face. He was sleeping like a baby. She absolutely adored waking up in his arms; it was as if she had always belonged there and couldn’t resist pecking him on his cheeks. This finally woke Atharva, who smiled seeing her. She mentioned, “Time to wake up, sleepy boy.”
He clucked and said, “Kya Shru, I am very tired.”
She teased him, “Achha? Aisa kya kiya ke you are feeling so exhausted?”
He smirked, “Kya karu? Meri biwi ne kal bahot mehnat karvaayi mujhse.”
She went crimson in her cheeks at the mention and hit him lightly. He quipped again, “Lagta hai zindagi bhar pitna padega. How much do you hit me?”
Shruti said, “Okay, let me get up. I wanna freshen up.”
He remarked, “Wait for me. I’ll join you in a while.”
She challenged, “Catch me if you can,” and she ran and was about to shut the door, when he barged in, holding her tight in his embrace. Their body temperatures soared in a minute, and they indulged themselves in a wonderful sensation, that after almost a year of wait, need not be restricted.

After having a sensual love making in the bath, they finally got ready. Atharva had ordered for some light breakfast in the room itself, since it was very late. Shruti donned a fiery yellow to red shaded outfit, embellished with small motifs and truly looked like a new bride. She had refused to even attempt wearing a sari on her own and had suggested that she will wear one when she reaches bua’s place for the pag phera rasam. Atharva explained, “Since we are supposed to have lunch here and leave, didn’t order too much.”
She agreed and they both relished the sandwiches and coffee.

They chilled out for a while, when Shruti mentioned sheepishly, “Atharva, I am feeling shy and awkward. What will everyone think?”
He knitted his eyebrows to which she clarified, “I… I mean.. they’ll know what must have happened yesterday night.”
He chuckled, “Big deal Shru! Ab kya problem hai? In fact, I feel I have been too chivalrous by not doing anything at all till now. Woh bhi aaj ke zamaane me.”
She rolled her eyes and muttered under her breath, “Miya Mithu and a pathetic despo.”
He winced, “Ouch! Shru, did you get that antiseptic? I told you I’ll need it.”
Shruti took a minute to realise what he was talking about and went a deep shade of beet root red when the moment of the previous night flashed in front of her eyes. Atharva laughed at her plight, and she quickly defended herself saying, “You only told me not to scream. Kya karti?”
He quipped, teasing her further, “Thank god it’s on my shoulder. Otherwise what would I have answered if it would have been in a place clearly visible?”