#chap53 #chroniclesoflife #Sagas_by_Irvika #sweetlovestory

Little did she realise that while writing these lines, the emotions that had been at an ebb, overflowed in the form of tears. The tiny droplets fell down on the paper, overwhelming her. She broke down, unable to hold back any longer. She had somehow held on her emotions way too long, trying to act brave for the sake of her family. But then, she was free to let it out, as no one was around to witness her melancholy, or so she thought.

She was still crying, when she felt a hand on her shoulder. She jolted to see her sister standing there, and without uttering a word, they hugged each other, trying to pacify each other. No words were required, coz each knew how difficult it was. The two hugged and slept, thinking about the last few days before Shruti would begin the new phase of her life.

To be continued….

At the Shah house in Mumbai, the scenario was still a bit tensed. On one hand, the final preparations were going on as guests would start pouring in a couple of days. And on the other, Minish and Rhea were on edge since both were trying to convince their parents.
Here, Shruti was busy grooming herself, with the parlour visits, last minute running around and packing. It was during one of the packing sessions, that Nainaa burst out laughing. The source was, a thick file, not of important documents, but of recipes. She tried to control her mirth but couldn’t think of the two together… Shruti and cooking. Shruti pretended to feel offended but then laughed about it as well. Out of nowhere, Rohan appeared and teased, “Nainaa… I pity Atharva you know. Bechaara bhookha rehne wala hai, thanks to Madam Shruti ki cooking skills.”
Shruti glared at him, “Whenever you come, tujhe bhi mere hi haatho ka banaa khana padega.”
He returned, “Who told you I am going to come to your place? I am waiting for you to….”
He stopped mid sentence, realising that it was not a joke any more, that his sister was actually going to leave. He left abruptly as he didn’t want to break down in front of his sisters. Shruti was about to cry, but Nainaa managed to divert her mind.

Shruti tried to act normal, but the fact that the coming day would be the last day in this house, left her restless again. That night, everyone was having mixed feelings, trying to act chirpy, but here and there a tear skipped from each one’s eye.

The morning would forever be etched in Shruti’s memory. The eyes of her parents were damp, making it all the more difficult for Shruti. Once they were through with breakfast, they started loading the car’s trunk with the luggage. Her mom got a bowl of curd with sugar and fed her a spoon. At that moment, Shruti couldn’t hold back any longer and sobbed like there was no tomorrow. She hugged each one dearly, and then eventually all sat in the car. Shruti just couldn’t get enough of the place where she had spent her childhood. She looked around her while traveling, trying to capture everything in her heart. She knew that this was going to be a turning point in her life. Her heart was throbbing at a very fast pace within her. She of course knew that the doors were always going to be open for her. But it was not going to be possible to meet her beloved ones whenever she would desire because of the distance between the two cities.

She heard a message tone and checked. It was Atharva, without a doubt. She was in no mood to talk to anyone at that time and simply typed, ‘Have left.’ He replied, ‘I want to talk to you. It’s something important.’ She reverted, ‘Abhi mood nahi.’ Atharva very well knew her mood swings of late. He was sure she must have cried buckets while leaving, and wanted to uplift her mood. He messaged, ‘Theek hai. Then later don’t blame me for not letting you know sooner.’ It most definitely piqued her inquisitiveness, just as expected. She immediately called up instead of sending message. Without bothering with the basic formalities, she queried, “Come on… out with it. What’s the big secret?”
Atharva quipped, “Someone wasn’t in a mood to talk to me. Kya hua?”
She said in her warning tone, “Listen, it better be something important. If it’s one of your ways to just talk to me, I would like to let you know..”
He completed the sentence, “that it worked.” She was about to explode when he calmed her down. “Listen, we have to meet Rhea’s family tonight.”
Shruti’s eyes went as big as saucers. “Kaise? I mean.. wooowww… as in, this is too confusing… ye kab hua?!”
Atharva chuckled at her response and said, “Kya kab hua. Poor guys were at it since so many days. Finally, both the families have agreed and we are meeting them tonight.”
She exclaimed, “Whoa! That’s nice. By the way, isn’t this funny? We are not yet married and I have already been promoted… ‘Jethani.’ Okay, then see you there.”
It definitely uplifted Shruti’s mood and she immediately congratulated Minish. In a couple of hours, they reached her mama’s Residence at Breach Candy.