#chap55 #chroniclesoflife #Sagas_by_Irvika #sweetlovestory

Readers, have written this chapter with a lot of emotions and love. Hope you like it. Enjoy reading and please leave your comments.

#Chap55
Shruti whispered in his ears, “You are a dark horse Atharva. I sometimes wonder whether I know you or no.”
He responded, “Nothing like that. Its just that I am not comfortable dancing to the tunes of Bollywood songs. Not everyone is made of perfect Bollywood material, nai?”
Shruti mumbled not knowing what to say and continued eating her food.

Nainaa, Abhinav and Rohan were seated on Shruti’s  side and Minish, Rhea, Preksha, Shankar on Atharva’s side. Krunal and the other friends had been quite enthusiastic and lingered around. They had light talk while having the scrumptious dinner and had good fun pulling leg.

Eventually, both the families bid farewell and the function came to an end on a happy note.

To be continued….

The day after the sangeet, everyone slept till late. Shruti came in rubbing her eyes, complaining, “Mumma, my body is aching, feeling so sore. God knows why.”
Mrs Verma commented, “That’s because you must have danced like this after ages.”
Rohan couldn’t leave the chance and remarked, “Did you all notice? Shruti fudak fudak ke nach rahi thi. Bechaara Atharva… how could he enjoy? Usko toh sazaaye kalapani mil rahi thi. Can you expect a sane person to rejoice over it?”
Shruti fumed, “You just wait and watch till your turn comes. Then I would love to hear your point of view.”
Rohan said airily, “Not at all. Coz I am going to stay away from it. I want to live my life like a free bird, not like a bird trapped in a cage.”
Their father intervened, “Bas chalo. Tumhari mahabharat kabhi khatam nahi hone wali.”
Rohan still didn’t relent. “What’s your take on this papa?”
Before either of her parents could respond, Shruti said, “They have had a love marriage. What do you expect?”
Rohan said cheekily, “Koi baat nahi papa. If you feel uncomfortable in confessing about your blunder publicly, you can let me know about it in private. Ek abla nar ka bhalaa ho jaayega.”
Anilji had this exaggerated expression on his face and said, “What can I say? There is no life without wife.”
Jyotiji chuckled and said, “All men are the same. Shaadi bhi karni hai aur freedom bhi chahiye.”

Rohan said naughtily, “Nowadays, the trend is such that people prefer live-in relationships mumma.”
Anilji interrupted, “Not a bad idea at all!”
Jyotiji remarked, “By all means, you are free to implement it even today. I have no problem. I would also be relieved from my responsibilities.”
He reverted, as usual, “Arey I was just joking. Don’t you know that my heart belongs only to you?”
Shruti had gone unusually quiet. While she was enjoying her parents’ usual banter, somehow at the back of her mind, she knew she was going to miss all this like hell. She had never seen her in laws talk like how her parents did. She had always seen her parents behave with each other in such a friendly way that she wasn’t able to gulp down the typical husband wife relationship that her in laws had. She heaved a sigh of relief knowing that her equation with Atharva was quite different and friendly.

Shruti was feeling peculiar that day, as if everything was going to change forever, as if this day, this freedom, was all going to come to an end. She remembered her discussion with her mom regarding this while she had felt particularly emotional in Nashik. Her mom had very beautifully explained it to her. “Happens with every girl beta. Every girl is a princess in her house. Then one day, the princess has to come out of her protective cocoon and face this world. But you know what helps you to tide through? The love and bond of your husband. If you nurture your relationship, everything else falls into place. Its not that their life doesn’t change. Even they have to make a lot of adjustments. Its just that we are in such a vulnerable position since we leave our home and family, that their condition is never taken into consideration by us. Once married, they have an added responsibility of looking after their spouse, to see to it that they form a bridge between us and our in laws. They never exhibit their emotions, but care for us much more than they exhibit.”
Shruti had listened attentively as her mother had continued, “Atharva is a very sorted guy. He may not be vocal, but his concern for you and your well being is evident in his small gestures. Always be thankful for it Shru. You are lucky to have such a partner. Some people are unable to develop this kind of love and affection even after spending years together. Always value him and I am sure, you will never have to worry about any thing.”