Chapter 5: Jerks will be Jerks

The next day, North and Chad slipped their first three classes for their date

The next day, North and Chad slipped their first three classes for their date. North was impressed that the son of Prince Charming and Cinderella would pull such a stunt.

Chad grabbed North's hand, leading her to the roof of the castle. She laughed at his paranoid expression, and the fact that he'd flinch at any noise.

Once they made it to the rooftop, North was speechless. There was a tiny garden that decorated the place with flowers. A small table sat near the edge of the roof with a burning candle on top. She looked to Chad who was grinning at her, proud of his accomplishment.

"I hope you like it. I don't really bring people here..." North nodded as Chad led her to the table. He had instructed her not to eat breakfast, so the girl was starving.

In front of her was tiny plates of treats, fruits, and candies. She popped a cherry in her mouth and moaned at the taste. Chad watched her with amusement.

"How'd you find this place?" North asked, snapping Chad out of daze.

"Uh, it was when I first got here. I needed a place to vent, and I'm not the best with directions. Next thing I know, I'm here. My new secluded place. Well, besides the gardener." Chad informed, a blush rising to his face.

North nodded as she looked around. She wanted to believe that she was the first person Chad brought up here, but she knew what a playboy he tended to be. However, she really was the first person Chad had shown his secret place.

"It's nice up here." North commented, a ghost of a smile on her face. This date was a good distraction from her worries of the coronation. Just for a moment, it felt like North could just be a sixteen year old girl with no care in the world.

North had a close-eyed smile on her face as she felt the breeze from above. She was facing the land below, but Chad was watching her. He was entranced by everything about the girl in front of him. It was the first time he felt safe to be himself around. Ever since they met, Chad hadn't flirted with any other girl besides North.

"So, tell me about yourself. I want to know more about you since you already know so much about me." Chad suggested causing North to face him. She shrugged and thought about what she could tell him.

"I have three older brothers, I have ice powers, and my parents are one of the only parents on the isle that act like they care about their kids." North said as she thought about her family. She hadn't realized it, but she felt homesick.

"What's your family like?" Chad asked. North began to describe her life on the isle, her family, her parents' power hungry vengeance on everyone in Auradon, and side stories when she was a child. Chad didn't interrupt once, surprising the girl. She was also surprised that she was opening up so much to Chad. They had only known each other for a few days, yet the prince felt so trusting.

"Ever since I was little, all I ever wanted was to make my parents proud. Not just for what they tell me to do, but for what I can by myself." North shared a secret she had never told anyone before.