Chapter 16: Returning Once Again

On the Isle, four kids were buzzing with excitement

The chosen VK's were bidding their families farewell. It was difficult for North to watch. She was reminded of her own situation of not being able to see her parents whenever she wished.

It was times like this that showcased how human the villains actually were. They may be evil, but for the most part, they loved their kids. The tears is Mr. Smee's eyes were a clear indicator of that.

Once everyone loaded into the limousine, a few of the kids began chattering about their excitement. Primarily, Dizzy Tremaine.

"As soon as we get to Auradon, you have to try ice cream!" Evie informed Dizzy.

"And go swimming?"

"I can take you to the Enchanted Lake!" Evie and Dizzy squealed. North laughed at the pair. Carlos and Jay were both occupied with one of the Smee twins, while Ben was seated next to Celia, who was giving him a fortune telling.

The barrier opened, and the cheers increased. However, as it was closing, North saw a certain blue-haired villain escaping.

"It's, Hades! Stop the car!" She ordered. Everyone watched wide eyed as he was between the barrier.

"I am a God! I don't belong here!" Hades yelled, blasting magic towards them. The blue hues were like lightning bolts, and the VK's made sure not to get in the way.

Mal transformed into a dragon, her eyes shining like emeralds. Hades' grin immediately fell at the sight. He struck her with his powers directly at her chest. Mal's dragon form shrieked in pain, but Hades was relentless.

Mal roared at him, the wind knocking Hades back behind the barrier. He stumbled backwards, landing on the ground with a thud. Mal turned back into a human, but she was clearly in pain. Ben and Evie rushed to her side. She clutched her stomach.

"Are you okay?" Evie asked.

"No," Mal shook her head, hissing. "He was draining all of my magic with the ember. I felt all my powers slipping away."

"You're safe." North reminded. "He's back where he belongs."

They watched as Hades glared before turning around. His figure grew smaller, everyone watched with furrowed brows.

"We should go." Jay suggested. Everyone nodded as they began driving away. The attack was still fresh on their minds, but no one dared speak a word.

~

North was currently alone, sitting on a blanket as she stared at the scenery before her.